LegacyGT.com

thinking my fuel pump is going out.

i constantly stop at my my 1998 legacy l wagon just dies. but starts right back up. thinking it might be my fuel pump.. checked my alternater and its running 14 amps, battery is fine.

how do i go about replacing my fuel pump. Theres access under the rear seat right? also should i replace the fuel filters while im at it?

• I Donated

There is an access panel under the rear seat.

However, before you go replacing your fuel pump, have you checked your idle air control valve?

Actually, read the Engine FAQ at the top of the forum. In there you will see a part about gas mileage.....do everything on that list before you condem your fuel pump

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

The Neon coil pack is if you want to use MSD. A stock Neon coilpack I don't think will give you any kind of upgrade.

A stronger fuel pump won't give you any kind of benefit...because you're still limited by the size of the fuel lines, the fuel filter, injector size, pressure regulator, etc

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

well fuel pump is fine. looks like its the mas air flow sensor going out. the car will run like crap and then if i tap the air flow sensor it runs ok.

is it dirty? you can try cleaning it with MAF cleaner (or even electrical contact cleaner)

• 3 years later...
you can use any 95-99 legacy / outback / impreza fuel pump

That's true. I have a 95 BK and bought a used MAF out of a 99 Outback that was wrecked with 86.000 miles on it for $30. My car is like brand new with idle and no more hesitatation at low RPM's

Archived