LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

New wheels, Tenzo Type M 18X8 +37 in Bronze. Sitting on BC Racing Coilovers. Yes, they rubbed before I rolled and pulled. :D

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/bpotts1/Sideshot.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/bpotts1/Frontside.jpg

Well now we know that these (+37) will cause rub if you don't roll/pull a bit even with essentially stock sized tires.

Looks good on the car though.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

^ I'd heard that... But that's the cost of adding wonderful static caster and gaining significant handling improvement as a result. ;)

Does anyone know if there would be any rubbing issues if I got 18x8 +45 wheels and 235/40/18 tires? My suspension is completely stock. The only modded part of my car is the intake for now I was going to go with 225/40/18 but I saw some picutres up here with that combo and I dont like the way it looks. The tires look at little too stretched for my liking. I am attempting to keep as close to the same diameter as stock so it wont mess with the speedo at all. Im open to any other suggestions at this point. I still havent decided what wheels I will be getting but I know they will be 18s and I am most likely going to get the Dunlop Direzza Star Specs. Edited by legacy07gt
07 SWP LGT Limited - SPT CBE, Invidia UP, Invidia DP, Grimmspeed EBCS, AVO TMIC, DW65c pump, SPT Intake, ISC Coilover

This is 225/40 on 18x8 +46, lowered ~1.25" all around, AVO offset front LCA bushings, and some F/R negative camber - would be issues w/o negative camber at the rear me thinks. Think these were NeoGens (what came with the wheels) IIRc and were replaced with 225/40x18 MPS ASes (my fav tire...always).

679993974_LeftRearObliqueView(Flipped)1024x768.thumb.jpg.27c04ebf9b349a362251a08be37542b7.jpg

1269615474_RightSideObliqueView2-1-2009(1024x768).thumb.JPG.6ee139da1380699f9a3dcee70bfb6d06.JPG

Personally I would like to get a little more rim protection. The road around where I live can get pretty atrocious at times. Especially the hill I live on top of. Also i am not a big fan of the "stretched" look. It just doesnt sit right with me. I am just worried about the rubbing issues which according to Drift there shouldnt be any. Someone told me before that the star specs were about half a size wider than most tires thay size but looking at the pictures above they still look a little stretched.

Nevermind. It appears that they do not make the star specs in that size so I wont be going with that. If I got a 7.5 wide rims how much of a difference would that make in terms of stretching? At this point that is my main concern. Well that and picking out the wheels that I actually want. Decisions decisions. Btw I havent heen able to find any pics of a SWP with hyper black colored wheels. I like the color itself but I dont know how well it would go with SWP. Anybody know where I can fond some pics of thos color combo?

Edited by legacy07gt
07 SWP LGT Limited - SPT CBE, Invidia UP, Invidia DP, Grimmspeed EBCS, AVO TMIC, DW65c pump, SPT Intake, ISC Coilover

Like I mentioned, I'm on 18x8 Volk GT-Vs and with 225/40s MPS AS Pluses, I'm not stretched or over at all - very vertical right out of the wheel. And the MPSes provide pretty decent wheel protection. Not the huge coverage that the stock RE92Aes provide, but definitely good.

If you haven't already, check out the Official Satin White Tread. There's plenty of SWP sedans and wagons with every kind of wheel imaginable in that thread. The more recent posts may have the photos you're looking for, since this originated back in 2004 when the 4th gen first hit the streets here in USDM Land.

I think I have decided on going with these with the Dunlop Direzza Star Specs.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Enkei+Performance&wheelModel=EDR9&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint

Could someone tell me why all the pictures I see of LGTs with stock rims all have 5 spoke rims? I have only seen mine and one other one in my area with 6 spoke wheels and that one is either on 08 or 09. I cant recall ever seeing any others with the 6 spoke wheels.

Edited by legacy07gt

2005-2006 LGTs were five-spoke (17x7") wheels,

2005-2006 2.5is were a sort of 2 runners per spoke five-spoke setup (16x6.5")

2007+ were six-spoke (17x7") for LGTs.

2007+2.5is retained the 2005-06 five-spoke (17x7") through the end of the run (2009)

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/1805/3649/29511824017_large.jpghttp://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/1805/3649/29511824020_large.jpg

Just pic whoring since the sun is shining and my car is clean. Rota Grid 18x8.5 with 225/40/18 Hankook tires on Tein H-Techs