LegacyGT.com

New Member.. What's up, guys!!

Man, never thought I'd be a Subie owner. Been a Honda guy for the last 12 years. Was planning on staying one... In fact, I was about an inch away from buying a very nice TL. Then I saw this baby staring at me from across the showroom. The rest is AWD Turbo history!! Haha.. So of course, first thing's first.. Find a forum with some cool people. Done! So I've had her about a week, and I am in love. 2006 Legacy GT Limited. Already done: Cusco suspension parts like crazy. Sway bars, H-brace, coilovers, rear carbon fiber trunk brace (??.. I'll post a pic). Also.. AVO BOV, Cobb intake, and Prodrive downpipe with cat and exhaust. Wow. Guy knew what he was buying, apparently!

Anyway, just wanted to say good to be here. I'll be talking to you guys often, I'm sure. Happy to be in the family!!

Photo-0319.thumb.jpg.3f19b1f937539ef26f03c021abf4f1e9.jpg

Photo-0321.thumb.jpg.dc0a136364e6d29213781467602fa0ef.jpg

Welcome. Nice car. I never expected to be a subaru owner either and was also a Honda guy first.

I'd talk to Cobb about getting a replacement cable for your AP. Can't be that $$. Do you know what map is loaded on the car now?

I think the cable is a simple USB A to Mini B. Don't hold me to it but I think it's this one: http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/qnccameqi30OaUspKUc3F1wjxUTx1114gZ4yp_yWivGKkXbmzh8jG794CeKNCSQDhvTm7UuAr3J5SQAp8Lh_H4ND-ht-xOHpFiTxWBIZO8MwnXADtcM_4azYgYUZ7ls9iJq20xUbZW66HaJDm5f_SBQQkLA-fpOG5vSpkB8Tern5AVXdlZrDy42pdBYnj65FwZs_

Welcome, nice ride. You can buy the cable at COBB's website. Above cable is not it. A suggestion, buy the Vag-com cable and go open source tuning (Infamous tuning) and sell the accessport. The Vag-com cable may be a substitute for the COBB cable and can be had cheaply on ebay. I'll check tonight for compatibility (still have an AP for my WRX)

Just like I thought, already a handful of cool people responding to me. Thanks for the welcome, I'm really happy to be here. As for the miles, it just turned 90k. One-owner, all records. 1k ago had timing belt, water pump, ALL gaskets.. Basically everything that could be done was done. Hope that gives me some time with this bad boy..

Thanks for the help on the cable. I'll pick one up soon. Trust me, this subie virgin here is gonna have a lot of questions for ya'll! Haha.. I do have a car buddy that's on his 3rd WRX (second STi). He knows a ton.. But I'll be here often! Thanks again!!!

New here too, check. Former jap car owner, check. Used overhauled Subie with miles on it, check. Only mine's a green wagon. I have too many kids for a souped up little toy like you got, Eroc.

Haha.. Understood.

Nice ride! Looks like the previous owner made a few exterior changes as well (grill, blacked out headlights, smoked tails, tint, de-badged)

Yeah, he did all tasteful and quality stuff. I got the tint done the day I got it. It was tinted, but messed up in a couple places. My buddy does tint and did it for me like an hour after I bought it. Getting HIDs tomorrow. Pretty geeked about that..

>In fact, I was about an inch away from buying a very nice TL.

Congratulations, I sold an 05 TL to get my LGT. Was a very nice car, most well built car I have ever owned BUT I was bored stiff! I missed AWD (torque steer, ugg), having a turbo and a good manual transmission. FYI the ride smoothness and interior sound level of the LGT is as good or better than the TL and the handling is much better BEFORE suspension mods. You made the right decision.

rick

Thanks, Rick.. Yeah, I was looking at all RWD cars. The TL was the only FWD I was considering. Like you said, very nice car, I would've loved it. But it would have NEVER handled like this thing. And like you, I would've eventually been bored.

Grmorrow.. You busted me! Haha.. I actually live in Hickory. I usually put Charlotte for these type things... I mean I can get to my girl's place off Mallard Creek in less than an hr.. I used to live in Pineville. Grew up in Hickory, now I live here again..

Archived