LegacyGT.com

Legacy Saved our lives...

Driving on a particularly bad highway for Deer and Moose two weekends ago after the sun went down with my wife and two small children. Well I had cruise set for 110-kph and my wife yells "DEER!". I put that brake pedal to the floor that very instant and out of the corner of my eye I see a full grown Cow Moose crossing the opposing traffic lane full tilt. She turned in the direction we were travelling just past the center line on our side. I swerved right to miss her and lets just say that I am REALLY surprised that I have a driver mirror and that her head did not mash the roof. I have come REALLY close to hitting Deer and Elk before but this one takes the prize. That Legacy of ours saved our lifes for sure. If I was driving our previous vehicle we would have nailed her broadside for sure (03 Dakota 4x4 Quad Cab).

I can attest to the Legacy braking and emergency handling first hand. A+ Subaru!!!

have had multiple run-ins with these usless ass animals before as well. i was also very very impressed. glad everyone is ok. I am sure it was a scare. considering a deer will cost you anywhere between 1500 - 3000 dollars worth of damage to a vehicle. ( this is an average ).

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

There are a ton of deer where I am from. Once on my way back to school, I had a BIG buck jump out in front of me. He looked at me and his eyes got about the size of my wheels. I had no where to go but into him. I braced for the hit, and then he jumped straight up! I drove UNDER the stupid deer! I actually saw him through my sunroof! What an experiece, I had to change shorts before going to class.

-Trey

i hit a stray dog before on the highway.. it was at night and it was a black lab i didn't see it until my friend yelled at me there is some kind of animal there i hit the brakes and swerved right but i still hit the animal on the left front fender.. minor damage but 80 bucks to fix so no biggie

i'm glad it saved you & yours, although, the brakes on my gt do not inspire confidence.

I think people on here are spoiled with previous cars. My previous car was a Grand Prix and lets just say that car's brakes did not inspire confidence. The LGT blows it out of the water. The rotors on the LGT are bigger then most cars wheels. So stop your complaining or go buy a kia and complain all you want. :lol:

i hit a stray dog before on the highway.. it was at night and it was a black lab i didn't see it until my friend yelled at me there is some kind of animal there i hit the brakes and swerved right but i still hit the animal on the left front fender.. minor damage but 80 bucks to fix so no biggie

i certainly hope you brought that dog into the nearest animal hospital..... :mad::mad::mad:

haha @ the ASPCA comment.

Though I do feel bad for the dog, The poster seemed like all they cared about was the car.

I bet the comments would've changed if the poster said they almost clobbered a baby or young child..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i certainly hope you brought that dog into the nearest animal hospital..... :mad::mad::mad:

Thats how you get killed.. I say call the police or something.. Running around on the highway in the middle of the night trying to rescue a dog is a good way to shorten your own lifespan..

the dog is a stray dog.. honestly I did check to see where it went, but it just ran off.. I hit him in the rear legs, so I hit that damned dog about 45 mph... to me really If it's a stray dog I dont' really care that much for it. But if it was a owners dog then it's a different story(but if the owners let the dog run around at the middle of night is stupid enough to let it run stray around the CITY) but as before an animal is an animal and I don't see people flaming others for hitting a deer, squirrel, or bird (no offense to the animal lovers). I just remind myself and say well that's part of evolution so "shit happens":rolleyes:

Edit: BTW a friend of mine is a animal lover and she hit a squirrel and just kept driving on. I said to her "I thought you do care about animals" She replied back to me and said "Yes, I do but not those kind of demonic creatures, I hate those critters":lol: So each to their own

Ha, if it was a domestic dog, or had an owner, free car work baby!!! thats when you stop for the dog. And how can you say a stupid thing like 'what if it was a baby'? that is pretty wrong in many ways. who would let a baby wander in the middle of the highway ever? and if your responsible for a dog getting out at night, how would you not be responsible for your child?

your looking at this the wrong way, its not their fault for hitting the dog, its the owners of the dog/baby who didnt take responsibility for the dog/baby and care for it properly.

(man, am i gonna get flammed for this post or what? oh well, I speak the truth!)

joecool.....you hit a ******* dog and you can't even have the decency to pull over? that's just WRONG!!!

It's nice to know that there are assholes like you out there in the world, which makes a dog owner and lover like me that much more careful about where and how they leave their dogs......

I'll keep that in mind next time I see a human crossing the street at night....I'll aim for his legs, plow his ass down and then just leave because he was just another "stray human crossing the street carelessly"

Archived