LegacyGT.com

How to tell if my ECU has Cobb AP Married to it

almostinvincible119

Thanks f1 for responding. I have done everything by the book! In many different combonations. Tried with Vista, now Im on XP, tried with different versions on ECUFlash. Cant get ECUFlash to read my ECU first off, then when trying to flash I get a message saying "unable to connect to vehicle interface"

I've been working on this for 2 nights solid. I bought my cable from Infamous, as well as the tune so I'm assuming that nothing would be wrong with either of the two.

Thanks again for responding.

What year is your car? When I started doing mine, there wasn't a proper definition for my car in the base files that come with ecuflash, someone made me a definition. I was able to read my ecu, but since there was no definition, I couldn't save it. Can't you get that far at least? Did you try and read/save your stock map before trying to flash the new map on?

If you can read the map but get an error saying it is undefined, then you will need a new definition.

Mine is an 07 by the way, I thought it was weird that there wasn't a def for my car, but I am finding there are some quirky nuances with going the opensource route.

Looks like the shitty stock tune to me.. Low boost, high rpm knocking and a horrible timing curve. :)

Agreed. Knock and IAM of .5 is probably because he's running Stg2 hardware on a stock tune.

See if someone locally has a Tactrix cable and see if that works.

Unforunately, I'm in NW Florida and noone around here drives Subis, Evos, or Audis. So the tactrix cable is hard to come by, I have a guy willing to let me borrow his for a month so I can tune, but I won't be able to get ahold of it until the middle of feb or march. Its getting tuned no matter what, its just been a bitch and a half to do it. Not near as easy as some make it seem.

Tactrix cables are highly sought after (although not hard to find right now). You could buy one new, and sell it for like $20 less easily when you're done.

Edit- P.S. Go Gators! (I'm from South Florida)

I actually thought about that, but I'm really not into paying 200+ for a cable that I will use for a month and then end up selling for a cut...I would rather keep it.

I've ordered the Knockoff Tactrix 1.3, hopefully it works...if not, I might have to drop coin just so the SOB will work. I'm tired of effin with it.

P.S.- Get back with me this time next year and let me know how that pro-style offense works out for y'all.

Archived