LegacyGT.com

Are all GT models Turbo?

Little help here..noobie big time.

I sell cars for a living but not Subarus..YET....I know very little about them...and before I decide on a Subaru I have a question.

From 05-09 were all the GTs Turbo? Or is is similiar to the 2010 where the bigger v-6 motor is non turbo?

Any help on this would be much appreciated so I know which cars to be looking for....

Spec B a turbo?

Thanks guys...great forum.

^^ What he said. The 2.5i models are the non-turbo ones. As a rule of thumb, look for the hood scoop.

As far as information about Legacy's and Subarus in general, this site is an amazing source for any and all question you might have about them.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Yes, and from my recent experience you can never test drive too many vehicles or the same one too many times (assuming you are researching in order to buy).

As a carsalesman...I am a tiny bit sensitive to this type of situation...we hate the guys that come and test drive tons of stuff..only to buy something somewhere else....

That being said...I have a buddy that works at a Subaru dealership...I have sorta let him know what is going on...he doesn't mind.

But....since I have access to wholesale units....I may not buy from him....unless I can get a great deal....

thanks

I have been reading and reading and reading..

In general are the Turbos more of a PITA as far as maintenance and repair? I have never owned a turbo..but I have driven several...just not Subarus....

Thanks guys....

No, just change your oil( I do mine every 3000 mi) and you will be fine. I'm pushing 340 WHP on cali 91 pump gas in my '05 5mt daily driver. Only thing my stock clutch doesn't really like it.:lol:

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

As a carsalesman...I am a tiny bit sensitive to this type of situation...we hate the guys that come and test drive tons of stuff..only to buy something somewhere else....

That being said...I have a buddy that works at a Subaru dealership...I have sorta let him know what is going on...he doesn't mind.

But....since I have access to wholesale units....I may not buy from him....unless I can get a great deal....

thanks

+1

I too am in sales and can understand the frustration of dealing with those who don't intend to purchase the product. However, he is deciding between a couple of cars, so when I said you can never test drive too many I assumed he is not wasting his own time, let alone any salesman's time.

My point was your going to be spending some good money and you will be driving it nearly every day. TEST DRIVE before you buy!

Plus it all evens out. Yes, you will spend time with people who choose not to buy but you also get those OCCASIONAL people who walk in and buy on the spot....right? ;)

WEll..thanks

I am the one trying to decide between a couple of cars...and I am the guy who is in sales....so that is the dilemna.

I will never buy a used Subaru off of a lot.....therefore I need to find some used ones on lots that I don't know anyone so that I can deal with the guilt I feel for wasting their time.

I will either buy private party or at an auction...saving thousands in the process.

You are right though...plenty of strokes come on the lot daily and plenty of flops do as well.....

Archived