LegacyGT.com

Engine cover removal 3.6R

Are there any pros / cons on removing that big engine cover on top of the 3.6R engine and driving without it. It's probably more for show and may keep down engine noise and keep it cleaner etc. Will it run hotter/cooler ?

Just curious...

• 3 years later...

I edited my post with instructions I found. From what I recall, they're all just pop connections. If I recall correctly, the front ones are vertical and pull up and the back ones and horizontal and slide forward/backward, or maybe the other way around (it's been a while since I took mine off). I can check my cover when I get home if you want.

Edit: I had it completely backwards when I originally posted. Pull up on the back, and pull up on the front while sliding it towards the front of the car, like the picture says. Brain is mush today haha.

You might find the diagram confusing I did. Pull the back straight up to disengage the prong things. If you look at post http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/snapped-engine-cover-supporti-258749.html you can see where I broke it off. Once you disengage the back slide the cover toward the front of the car a bit as you pull up. At least the plastic won't be cold and brittle when you do this. Just today I asked AZP if it serves any function and the said it's just cosmetic. Good luck.

Archived