LegacyGT.com

Legacy Engine Shaking after snow

:lol: I had the same experience a few years ago when it snowed lots here in Seattle and I was high-centered on a parking lot. So I rocked the car back and forth, back and forth until I was freed. The ABS sensors lights came on flashing. And I believe the CEL also came on. Got on the freeway and felt the whole steering shaking at higher speeds. I really thought I had broken the car! :lol: I pulled over to inspect the car, cleared all that snow stuck between the spokes of the wheels and then it drove fine. Now I know the cause and I can laugh about it.

I have enough drama for now.....

?ui=2&ik=330d9a10cb&view=att&th=12d2fcbe84838f75&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1356424317123952640-1&zw

I decided to clean all the ice buildup at the wheel area cause I also felt the vibration. Couple of whacks. These two flaps broke off. Wondering if its really broken or just need new push screws. Hopefully, It can wait for good day to put back in.

After a good snow I decided to have a little fun in a parking lot, and as soon as I got back on the road I noticed the steering wheel was shaking pretty good. After about a mile it stopped, but for that first mile my heart nearly sunk.

Had the shaking problem due to snow unbalancing the wheels happen to me a few times. In super thick slushy conditions it seems that the snow also packs around the transmission and makes the car sound weird, hard to shift and vibrate a little more through the chassis.

• 2 years later...
Wheels completely clear of all snow and ice? Likely the only thing it is. That or flat-spotting if you've left it parked for a long period (more than a day) in cold temp.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

yea ill dig this old post up cause my 2010 legacy is doing this now, i cleaned out the tires and it stopped shacking but its still vibrating about 50 any ideas? I miss my jeep now

Has your 2010 had the vibration fixes installed? There were a bunch of TSBs for vibration with 2010.

Archived