LegacyGT.com

Auto-Trunk feature

canis

Did anyone elses Legacy come with this feature? Two or three times a month I'll get in the car and it'll say the trunk is open. And it really is open. The trunk handle is not such that it could be accidentally activated when entering or exiting. Could it be temperature variation causing the cable to expand and contract enough to open the trunk? Would it really be that sensitive?

ive had the trunk open & i dont recall doing it. my key fob is sensitive but for the doors not the trunk

its only happened a few times. I dont know, never investigated how it happened when it has accuired..... to may other things i have to do &/or on my mined.

ranger mentioned u do have to hold the button for trunk to open.

Do you keep your keys in your pants pocket?

I have several keys on my key ring along with another remote for the wife's vehicle. When I first got my LGT I was semi-regularly inadvertantly activating the door lock buttons and occasionally the trunk release, and even once the panic button.

A running change was made later in the '05 MY to key fobs so that they have the buttons more recessed to prevent accidental activation. If you have the older style, there are a couple easy mods to the innards of the fob that people came up with so that they will usually only activate with a deliberate press of a button. I think some have gotten Subaru to replace the older style with the newer one under warranty if you want to try that route.

These threads discussed the problem and home-made solutions...

Thread A

Thread B

I have found that the trunk really needs a good slam to close it. When I first got the car I found that I wasn't fully closing the trunk.

Doubtful it is hitting the button on the key fob; you need to press it for 2 seconds to open the trunk.

Your trunk latch needs to be adjusted. That's made in Indiana quality. I had to adjust mine just because it was _so_ off-center that it made the whole trunk lid pull to one side when closed, so there was a gap big enough to stick my pinky finger in one side.

Archived