LegacyGT.com

1995 subaru legacy side protectors

Yeah i accidentally popped the plastic clip that was on the back of it. I was thinking of seeing if i can find some at the junkyard and painting those. Does anyone know how to take them off without breaking them.

I've removed them at the junkyard. You can just rip it off, lol. But iirc to get the clips off I had to remove the door card. I also needed to squish the part of the clip that snaps with a pair of large needle nost pliers. But it was a couple years ago so I can't tell you exactly. The good thing about the junkyard is if you break one trying to remove it you can move on to the next car, ha ha.

Yeah i accidentally popped the plastic clip that was on the back of it. I was thinking of seeing if i can find some at the junkyard and painting those. Does anyone know how to take them off without breaking them.

you can get them off from the inside of the door with a pair of needle nose pliers. i used a combo of those and a hook tool to strip the trim off my old doors before i tossed them.

i put them back in after painting. another set i left on the doors and painted over them, the sticky stuff was a real pain, along with the newer door having a piece of metal covering the extreme side clip, making me have to break it off to replace.

Archived