LegacyGT.com

Bugs in My GPS/Nav System

JoeD

I have the factory GPS/Nav system and most of the time it performs well and is a joy to have. However, there has been a bug in the software since I bought my new 2011 Legacy almost a year and a half ago. The problem happens when the display is in map mode. You are supposed to be able to tap the tuning dial and the display will change to audio mode giving information about what is playing as well as giving the option on the touch screen about changing bands or audio modes.

Soon after I got the car, there were times when the display was in map mode and it would not leave the map no matter what buttons I pressed. This is pretty annoying because while you can change audio modes and radio stations, you are basically doing it blind without the aid of the display. This happened fairly infrequently at first so I learned to live with it and often I would just shut the ignition off and restart the car allowing the whole system to reboot.

Lately however it has become more frequent and sometimes even when I reboot the system it does not clear the matter up. Of course when I bring it to the dealer to have this problem addressed, the system behaves correctly and does not show this flaw.

Does anyone have any suggestions or have come across this problem?

Thanks for any help and advice offered.

Laz, I wish I could say it was the speed safety blocking feature doing it but I can stop at a red light and try to get it to obey my command and it still doesn't. Usually by the next red light if possible that is when I turn the ignition off and reboot the whole system. Lately that doesn't even seem to work reliably.

Sucks that it is intermittent. As you know with electronics it may be something that is failing. Sometimes electronics fail at high or really cold temperatures. Try to make a note as to what is happening when it stops functioning.

Good luck

X

---

Magic Marker, that is an excellent suggestion to video it next time it happens. That is exactly what I am going to do. Then the dealer cannot say, "Gee it didnt happen while we had it here at the shop".

Laz, I wish there was some rhyme or reason to it like the colder temps but it has happened anytime of year. Really confounding!!

Archived