LegacyGT.com

Power and Speaker Connections in Cubby

zenkick

A couple quick questions...

What is the easiest method to get speaker, power and antenna connections to the cubby for use with a head unit + AVO din ?

Are folks just using a crutchfield harness to marry the Subaru harness with a head unit and extending to the new head unit in the cubby, so no wire cuts are necessary? What about the antenna?

I'm also assuming that the ac/heat controls are handled with a separate harness on the back of the stock head unit and will continue to function after extending/moving the stereo harness(es) to the cubby?

BTW, I'm looking at doing this in my 05 OBXT.

Thanks for any information, and thank you for the great resource.

The headunit has a separate harness from the climate control, so it will continue to function with the headunit plug. The connector for the stereo is the same one that Subaru has been using for years (Scosche part).

You should be able to fish the wires up to the cubby no problem, you'll see when you pull it out. However, you won't find an antenna converter yet. You can search around here for the right Hirose part#s and instructions on how to convert to regular Motorola plug. It will take maybe 6 weeks or more to get the parts.

Archived