LegacyGT.com

Lowered car issue

So I just put in the raceland coilovers ultimos. . And it was a pretty straight forward install. But when i go to do the alignment. The rear has to much positive camber. Is there something I did wrong during the install? Has anyone else encountered this issue before? And I dont seem to see a camber adjustment on the rear coilovers or stock suspension in the rear . Any help would be a appreciated..thanks guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me or post a pic of there rear camber bolts( want to see where i would be installing them) i might just opt out and get some if i can't adjust the rear camber from the top of the coils

So I emailed the guys over at raceland. And the told me that the higher the car is the more positive camber ill have.. but im lower then stock height... so why am I getting this issue. And no the rear coils are not camber adjustable.

Loosen the two bolts holding the rear coils onto the knuckles, push the top of the coilover towards the inside of the car, tighten, go back to whatever alignment shop you took it to. Slap them across the face for not being able to figure it out.

Also, I ended up hating my racelands. GREASE THE THREADS ON THE COILS or it will seize, despite what the companies website says "powder coated threads to resist rusting" yeah... bullshit. 2 of my coils seized and they refused to replace it under the 2 year warranty, and mine were on the car just for a year.

Well thank you Djbrander but i did it at the shop i work at. But i appreciate the input.. well definitely make the change this weekend... i should've done that from the start... i was working on limited time so it must've slipped my mind..

Absolutely grease them. It tells you to right on the packaging but definitely heed their warning.

i didnt see anything on the packaging about that. but, i also dont really worry about it, living in the desert.

Yeah. There was a little piece of paper in with the boxes that gave you a web address and a 3 pointers, one of them being grease the threads or it voids the warranty. Living in the North East, I need the grease. lol

my little piece of paper must have fallen out at their factory, i still have the box in my living room. except for their "instruction sheet" i saw no other papers. the instructions did explain the preload and how to adjust, but nothing else. not even an explanation for all the stuff they include in the package, or a parts list.

Same here. Never said to grease them. But on their website it states: "The Ultimo shock body is powder coated for an extra level of surface corrosion resistance. The coil springs are epoxy powder coated to increase the life of the springs."

All my springs are rusted to shit, and everything is frozen.

http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/subaru-coilover-kits/subaru-impreza-wrx-gd-ultimo-coilovers.html

Just wanted to give an update after go back to the shop and looking at the strut bolts as djbrander mentioned I then proceeded to adjust them accordingly. Thanks for help guys Im still going to get the camber bolts though. Just to dial in the alignment right

Archived