LegacyGT.com

Spec B Brake Pad Upgrade?

Gearboy

There are a lot of brake pad upgrades out there for the Legacy GT, but I'm having a hard time finding an upgrade for my Spec B. (Different calipers, apparently) Endless USA (according to Vivid Racing) says they don't have pads to fit the Spec B brakes. So far I haven't found Spec B-specific pads from Project Mu.

Any Spec B owners out there who've upgraded there pads have some advice? I'm looking for a pad that has good initial bite at ambient temps, but that can hold together at 800-900 F rotor temp. with low noise and dust - such as Endless SS-M - and a source for them.

Thanks!

Contact Mike or Jake at AZPinstalls.com, I bought my Hawk HPS pads from them. I installed them on the front of my 09 Spec B with the slotted front rotors from my 05 GT wagon.

Then I found a member here selling front and back Hawk Ceramic pads that I put on my 05 with DBA slotted front rotors that I got from Mike and Jake.

It is really that easy.

Like he said, they are the same, in fact my first set of rear pads on my 05 were the sames ones from a 99 2.5RS rears.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You're absolutely right. I called the parts department at my local dealership and had them cross-reference the part numbers for 05-09 2.5 LGT with my 08 2.5 LGT Spec B and the cars use the same calipers f&r.

Thanks, guys.

Archived