LegacyGT.com

LCA Bushings

Diggs753

Both of my LCA bushings are torn.I'm debating about having them replaced still under warranty.But should I just get a set of Poly LCA's (no offset... untill I get my wheels and tires)?And can anyone recommend a brand.I've been looking at the AVO's.

THanks guys

They are not going to replace them under warranty because there is a TSB saying the tears are fine as they are under compression when in their normal position, at least according to Subaru.

Must be a new TSB I've never heard anything about.Just as well I suppose, since they are a totally ineffective.Actually just found the TSB...Well over 15mm tear.But a failure prone part.

I have a pair of used JDM/SpecB bushings for sale - they have different part and rubber appears to be softer (sic) - they came on used SpecB arms and have no signs of tears unlike my stockers. I went with Superpro anyway.

What happened to Superpro btw?

I have a pair of used JDM/SpecB bushings for sale - they have different part and rubber appears to be softer (sic) - they came on used SpecB arms and have no signs of tears unlike my stockers. I went with Superpro anyway.

What happened to Superpro btw?

What is this Superpro that you are referring to. I've heard it mentioned before, but have not found anything outside of the site that lists the bushings. um - you have PM. And let me know how much you'd want for the JDMs yo.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

What is this Superpro that you are referring to. I've heard it mentioned before, but have not found anything outside of the site that lists the bushings. um - you have PM. And let me know how much you'd want for the JDMs yo.

I believe they are Australia based and provided a poly-bushing for the LCA before AVO did

where i got my superpro's recently

http://www.turninconcepts.com/index.php?cPath=1_14_364_377_378

still a few in stock

^^ Thanks for the info. What was your reason for going with the SuperPros and what was the post-install outcome? Did you install these yourself?

Well,it looks like the AVO is about all there is for a poly bush.I think the Perrin would have way too much NVH and the Super Pro's seem to obsolete or non-existant now.

By themselves, the perrins are not to bad in terms of NVH. Its just when you add coilovers with pillowbal top hats and super thick swaybars, its starts to get alittle harsh for city driving. i rant a aetup like that for a while driving in NYC and it really wasnt that bad.

^^ Thanks for the info. What was your reason for going with the SuperPros and what was the post-install outcome? Did you install these yourself?

not installed yet, waiting to do coilovers at the same time and will have someone do the install for me.

the reason i went with them is because i prefer the zero offset version and couldn't find a avo version.

not installed yet, waiting to do coilovers at the same time and will have someone do the install for me.

the reason i went with them is because i prefer the zero offset version and couldn't find a avo version.

Gotcha - thanks;)

I have the super pro's, coil overs and cobb sway F&R. it is harsh but I like the trade off I get. Handles like no other.

I got the bushings before the coilovers and was very satisfied with the added steering response.

I have the super pro's, coil overs and cobb sway F&R. it is harsh but I like the trade off I get. Handles like no other.

I got the bushings before the coilovers and was very satisfied with the added steering response.

Did you replace the bushes yourself or have someone do it for you?

I've got a 50 ton press, and the splitter and everything, just wondering how time consuming it would be to do this myself.

I just had the rear adjustable lower arms put on and a four-wheel alignment and I paid ~$160.00. The alignment is usually $70 or so, so about $90.00 for the install (1.2 hours). I would expect to pay at least that much, possibly a bit more for the LCA install.

Question though, would this also require an alignment afterward or is it just unbolt the LCA, press out, press in, and bolt the LCA back in place?

Probably should do a front alignment check to make sure everything stayed static, but maybe I'm missing something.

What happened to Superpro btw

It' seemed every post I found people where having trouble finding them in stock.BTW ,Did you go offset or no offest?You'd definately need and alignment after the install.Just wondering if anyone has tried the AVO's.

Question though, would this also require an alignment afterward or is it just unbolt the LCA, press out, press in, and bolt the LCA back in place?

you will need an alignment. a caster change affect toe and camber. so once the bushings go in, all the other measurements will be off. you will have to get a complete alignment all over again.

Right. I got an alingment too. So I was only billed $60 for the install of bushings. Alingment was extra. i think I got a deal for package work.

The shop that does my alignment (East County Alignment for the SoCal SD crew), told me that they'll just charge me 1 hour ($88) for the install and that they'll throw in the alignment since I just had it done.

Archived