LegacyGT.com

JDM Carbon Fiber engine covers.

Most of you guys know me as the guy with all the JDM parts but what you may not know - I also run an Aerospace Composites shop in Seattle, WA https://www.2020composites.com/ and am in the process of developing a bunch of parts for the BL/ BP Legacy's.

I have group buy up for those interested in getting a set of solid carbon covers.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bl-bp-jdm-carbon-fiber-engine-covers-group-buy-262282.html

20170629_180032.thumb.JPG.69cf255ac80acb525f4780918c216d8e.JPG

20170629_180026.JPG.69ced1fb832f9373af28efb6d6ba8c28.JPG

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he's going to see what happens on this GB. If it goes well, he's got a list of stuff to make.

Understood, but my purchase would be contingent on being able to get at least a matching fuse box cover.

Understood, but my purchase would be contingent on being able to get at least a matching fuse box cover.

Yes, the fuse box and actual engine cover are in the plans/ works.

Here's is the master pattern for the engine cover. Tooling will be done later this week.

20170518_151947e.thumb.jpg.7119a0a55234cf50a0ce09f2beed0ce5.jpg

So these are real deal carbon fiber JDM style covers? Not just hydro dipped? I've come across your pics a few times but always assumed they were just dipped.

I've been wanting to pick up the JDM covers for awhile now, but i'm with WRX USA - Fuse box cover would have to match for me to be in.

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

So these are real deal carbon fiber JDM style covers? Not just hydro dipped? I've come across your pics a few times but always assumed they were just dipped.

I've been wanting to pick up the JDM covers for awhile now, but i'm with WRX USA - Fuse box cover would have to match for me to be in.

Hydro dipped? A real deal composites company that hyrdro dips their parts... not sure how that equates. I suppose I should be flattered that these are so nice that you think they are hydro dipped! These are the real deal, the whole enchilada, solid "real" carbon fiber.

The fuse box will be offered in a short run, those who join the group buy get first dibs on them.

Hydro dipped? A real deal composites company that hyrdro dips their parts... not sure how that equates. These are the real deal, the whole enchilada, solid "real" carbon fiber.

How was I supposed to know you worked for a composites company and not just a professional dipper from looking at a pic on google images? You even said "Most of you may not know" :rolleyes: Guess i'm just not race car enough to spot the difference.

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

How was I supposed to know you worked for a composites company and not just a professional dipper from looking at a pic on google images? You even said "Most of you may not know" :rolleyes: Guess i'm just not race car enough to spot the difference.

1st post ;)

"I also run an Aerospace Composites shop in Seattle, WA https://www.2020composites.com/ and am in the process of developing a bunch of parts for the BL/ BP Legacy's."

1st post ;)

"I also run an Aerospace Composites shop in Seattle, WA https://www.2020composites.com/ and am in the process of developing a bunch of parts for the BL/ BP Legacy's."

Is the first time you've posted that picture ever? Because I swear i've seen it before browsing google images....

Is the first time you've posted that picture ever? Because I swear i've seen it before browsing google images....

Being that these are the first production sets, yes.

Post on FB maybe? If this, those were CF proofs, not production sets.

Also, in the GB section.

Tooling is done for the following, Engine cover and the fuse box cover. Engine cover will have 2 options. OEM or modified for GS or Process West TMIC's.

We will be offering:

- Fuse box cover, power steering cover and battery cover for $525 Shipped

- Engine vover, fuse box cover, power steering cover, battery cover for $925 Shipped

I'm pretty much in for the first three but very interested in what you come up with for a modified engine cover to work with a Grimmspeed TMIC.

Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of. As for the GS TMIC it'll be a 3/4 version that is just short of the TMIC forward facing edge.

I'll have to wait till my ETS FMIC is installed to see if there is any interference with the set of power steering, fuse box and battery cover.

I'll know for sure when I get my P&L kit installed. Piping may be different, from the ETS kit. I'll post more pics with all 5 pieces installed at the end of this week.

I'll know for sure when I get my P&L kit installed. Piping may be different, from the ETS kit. I'll post more pics with all 5 pieces installed at the end of this week.

5 pieces? I only counted 4, unless you meant both variants of the engine cover.

I'll be waiting

Archived