LegacyGT.com

What to look for? 2005 LGT wagon 5 MT

ruhrohh

I'm currently looking at an ABP LGT 5MT. The car is for sale at a used lot owned by a private retailer. What are some things to look for? I've already sent them an email asking for a carfax as well as a compression/leak down test. Is there anything I should look out for specifically? Any way to tell if the turbos been replaced? My main concern is that the VF40 is going to give out soon.

Just some cliffs about the car:

-bone stock

-76k miles

-no maintenance report has been shown on ad

-5MT

If there's a sticky on this forum I should be aware about (other than removing the filter from the banjo bolt) please feel free to post

The only way you'll be able to tell the condition of the turbo is pulling the DP and checking for shaft play. Or I guess if you drive it and you hear it making noise.

Even if it's been replaced already (at 76k it is possible, people have had turbos fail at all kinds of low mileage when proper maintenance is not performed) you won't be able to tell if the guy didn't check his oil and ran it dry.

If it's a good price and the car seems in good condition i'd jump on it, you will probably have to wait a long time for another manual wagon to come around.

If your plans include a new turbo down the line anyway I wouldn't worry about it too much if it runs good and the guy says the stock one has never been replaced.

Archived