LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

Waxiboy, which paint shop did you select?

JC Auto here in LoCo....I pass by it on the way home from work so it is convenient...great price too!

Great opportunity to delete the license plate mounts, if a front plate isn’t required in your state.

Unfortunately VA isn't one one of them :icon_frow

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I can't remember....

I have a rear jdm outback bumper that I have yet to paint and install :rolleyes:. I understand that my rear usdm bumper beam will not work. I also recall that if I plan to keep that beam, I need to remove the foam part. Now, what modification do I need to do to that beam in order for the bumper to fit? Is it a matter of cutting the ends or something so that the exhaust cut outs fit?

I went with the USDM LGT sedan beam which fit underneath the skin with no problems but I haven’t been able to fit the foam, although I didn’t spend a lot of time on it after I got it on without the foam. The problem with the OBXT beam is the height, since it is not designed for exhaust cut outs.

Did not think of checking opposedforces...

Here is the link. Click 'Usage information' on that page and you will see the complete list of cars that use this beam. It confirms what you are saying Infosecdad.

Let me quote this from Scooby2.5:

2. Order the Aluminum back beam, brackets and Energy Absorber foam for a 2008 LegacyGT Sedan

Part # 57712AG08A Beam

Part # 57705AG26A Energy Absorber Foam (YOU CANNOT USE THIS SO DO NOT ORDER IT. STILL TOO THICK FOR THE JDM BUMPER SKIN) JUST PUT SKIN ON OVER THE BEAM AND IT WILL FIT PERFECT! UPDATED 9-14-2007

Part # 57714AG02A9P Right Hand Beam Bracket

Part # 57714AG03A9P Left Hand Beam Bracket

WRX USA, just to confirm, you did not need these L/R Beam brackets correct?

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Mine came with the brackets and I think you need them because they are designed to work with the shorter (height wise, not length wise) beam. I bought it used on eBay. Edited by WRX USA

Good question, I've read conflicting accounts and haven't actually found a walkthrough for it. I'll start with the beam (no foam) and see what happens. If the beam only needs a bit of work, then I'll probably do that, if it needs to get mostly tore up, then I'll probably just remove it so I have the option of putting it back. The front only required the foam removed and corners shaved by a sabersaw, we'll see what happens for the rear.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5670775&postcount=280

There is definitely a difference in the JDM Outback Bumper and the JDM legacy Wagon one. The JDM outback is similar to the EDM/AUS so it can use the EDM rear beam or the USDM sedan one. But the JDM Legacy Wagon bumper cannot. So as I mentioned, I will cut the EDM beam and use it.

Got the JDM bumper installed today. As mentioned before, I just removed my crash beam for now. I'll build/cut a thin one at a later date/time. I love the lines now, the rear is nicely tucked. This is the way they should always have been. The HKS Silent Hi-Power fit perfectly now, with reduced cabin noise (and smell). It's almost too quiet, might have to consider the HKS (or other) mid-pipe some day.

Pull the taillights and the two plastic pins on each corner.

IMG_4209.thumb.JPG.92a7d9ca0229f0a42513fc243de29d4e.JPG

On each side, pull the plug and remove the small bolt, there is a second on the inside, underneath behind the wheel well cover (you have to peel the cover back from the rear of the well and feel in there for a 10mm bolt.)

IMG_4210.thumb.JPG.b86e4c5beada128343872211e20d0b6a.JPG

Bumper cover off and bumper beam removed.

IMG_4215.thumb.JPG.93b61a17bcb09e698d669fa27de092cc.JPG

Dry fitting the new bumper

IMG_4211.thumb.JPG.1f331645b7b5acf6a5be046cfbeb0cf7.JPG

Replacement bumper didn't have the two metal braces, so I drilled out the rivets on me USDM bumper and re-riveted to the JDM bumper.

IMG_4213.thumb.JPG.1110d4a72263f5f40811ed9dc57b0453.JPG

All done and installed. Love the look and difference all around. (yes, it's a slightly different white and will be for a while)

IMG_4223.thumb.JPG.a987d7fb852b79d9d45fc9787d4b680d.JPG

IMG_4226.thumb.JPG.99e98cb410d2d3c5ecaa83c530e6b35b.JPG

Now I can really see the 120mm Hi-Power and they aren't hidden under the bumper.

IMG_4230.thumb.JPG.ca6bad23ecb054408a671773f1ef2591.JPG

Also got a custom plate delete for the front.

IMG_4205.thumb.JPG.d119f30f0c3ab632fc4db1c3c8a805fa.JPG

Got the JDM bumper installed today. As mentioned before, I just removed my crash beam for now. I'll build/cut a thin one at a later date/time.

Would a simple aluminum bar attached to the bumper beam mounts work? Kinda like a poor man's version of the Beatrush brace.

Hey guys would I be able to swap just the Jdm hid headlights into my 07 LGT or would I also need to replace the entire front end for proper fitment? (Outside of modifying the projector for LHD roadz) I've been reading for definitive answer for a few days and it's a bit confusing to find a solid answer.

Would a simple aluminum bar attached to the bumper beam mounts work? Kinda like a poor man's version of the Beatrush brace.

Yeah, I'm probably going to use some level of bar. It does need to be curved though to follow the contours, I'll get to it at a later time :-)

So i have an 06 with Rev a-c jdm Spec B front end (bumper bar/headlight brackets). However the rev d-f is really growing on me. Will this bolt up to my 06?

You will need the JDM Fenders, JDM lights and brackets, as well as the fender liners.

Color match fail, rest of car looks yellow-er/darker than bumper. That being said, my car hasn't seen any paint care product in over 3 years :eek:. I will need to clay, compound, polish and wax to be able to judge how far off the color is.

Side question: Is there a way to make the headlight motors move without the leveling switch? My right side is higher than the left.

UheZFXZ.thumb.jpg.2c74428dae9c799f5e46141a931d1e21.jpg

Color match fail, rest of car looks yellow-er/darker than bumper. That being said, my car hasn't seen any paint care product in over 3 years :eek:. I will need to clay, compound, polish and wax to be able to judge how far off the color is.

Side question: Is there a way to make the headlight motors move without the leveling switch? My right side is higher than the left.

They have manual bolts you can use to adjust them.