LegacyGT.com

exhaust opinions wanted

Go custom catback and mid pipe with some new headers....that would be best for some extra power, good sound, and save a ill $ as opposed to buying a name brand bolt on. That is, if you can weld, or know a good shop to do it...I had a custom exhaust with my 02 legacy L with a DC Sport muffler, cost about 100$ install with piping and 40$ for the muffler. It's up to you, just make sure you'll be happy and satisfied whichever route you choose.

My buddy has a 2013 WRX with nameless performance muffler deletes. He loves the sound, and they cost around $300, don't know if they'd fit our LGT's. I got a cheap ebay exhaust for about $280 shipped. Sounds good, but has a little drone (could be fixed with a resinator), and fitment isn't the best, but can be modified.

Steve

you mentioned turboxs. I have that. It sounds fantastic. Some local members prefer the sound of my turboxs to their perrin/hks/cobb exhausts

edit:

and fitment was spot on. the flange on the mid to y-pipe came close to a heat shield, but it doesn't seem to make contact/noise/rattling

Well it's a 4AT 2.5i so it's more so for fun until I have the financial means to do what I really want to do with it. My '96 idea had my buddy baffled. But Im pretty sure im gonna go with the TurboXS axle back, then probably the K&N Typhoon, then suspension cause the roads are here SUCK.

Once the snow melts more and get 'er cleaned up I'll put pictures up, nothing special really, unless you like bass.....

Archived