LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

All your orders have been shipped out. Unfortunately, there is no tracking availlable when shipping to USA... It may takes up to 10 work days for the package to arrive. I never had a package that was not delivered. If this happens, there is a 100$ insurance. Be patient, it is worth the waiting! :)

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I finally wrote the little instruction manual for the 2.5i single disc head unit. Please have a look on my web page.

Now I'm able to include a stereo audio cable, 10' long into the kit for 8$ more. Please send me a pm before ordering if you need one.

Thanks Sebastien!

I just received mines, I'll install it sometime this week. I'm trying to mock-up a way to recharge my iphone/ipod at the same time while listening to tunes.

EDIT: "Integrated ground loop isolator, so you can recharge your Ipod while listening it in your car."

?where is this located on the PCB?

Edited by ITIM_LGT

EDIT: "Integrated ground loop isolator, so you can recharge your Ipod while listening it in your car."

?where is this located on the PCB?

Do you really think I will tell my secret to everyone?? Hahaha! :lol:

Just try it and you'll see that it works ;)

Are these in stock ?

When do you expect the next batch to be available

Thanks.

I still have two in stock right now. I will order new parts maybe next week, since there is a great demand for the modules right now.

Excellent product! I installed in on Saturday. Great instructions and easy install.I love how clear it is and how there is no need for a silent cd.

I left you some positive feedback.. can you leave me some itrader feedback please?

Do you really think I will tell my secret to everyone?? Hahaha! :lol:

Just try it and you'll see that it works ;)

I received mines over the weekend and installed it! Thanks Leptronix!!!! :D

*recharging hmm* Well, I purchased two kinds of 3.5mm male connectors.

this one: (**FOR SALE** Shipped anywhere in the USA for $10)

http://www.dailyipods.com/_cache/TOP%20iPod/img/amazon_B000J022G6.jpg

this does not allow recharging of my iphone/ipod.. (works extremely well for music)

and this one:

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/266620926/USB-DC3-5-TO-IPOD-CABLE.jpg

this is the one I'm using now.. I spliced the USB connector to a 12v to charge my iPhone while listening to tunes.

I'm really happy with this iphone/ipod connector.

I r

and this one:

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/266620926/USB-DC3-5-TO-IPOD-CABLE.jpg

this is the one I'm using now.. I spliced the USB connector to a 12v to charge my iPhone while listening to tunes.

I'm really happy with this iphone/ipod connector.

Interesting... where did you get that, and would it not work just plugging USB into a car charger adapter and headphone into the aux-in? Not sure what you mean by spliced...

http://www.inki1.com/wj_admin/upfile2/tupian/923200867143729.jpg

I actually was gonna use that USB charger adapter but the one I had was big.. I ended up splicing the power and ground wires from the cig lighter.. making a T-connector to the wires from the USB to Ipod adapter..

The reason for my modification:

1. I like less clutter.

2. I can use my cig lighter anytime without unplugging anything else etc.

3. The 12v socket in the armrest is only for my gf's iphone charger... That way we could listen to my music coming from my iphone while charging... and her's charging..

I actually was gonna use that USB charger adapter but the one I had was big.. I ended up splicing the power and ground wires from the cig lighter.. making a T-connector to the wires from the USB to Ipod adapter..

The reason for my modification:

1. I like less clutter.

2. I can use my cig lighter anytime without unplugging anything else etc.

3. The 12v socket in the armrest is only for my gf's iphone charger... That way we could listen to my music coming from my iphone while charging... and her's charging..

Ok but it COULD be plug & play... so where can I get one (don't know what to call it to look for one).

Ok but it COULD be plug & play... so where can I get one (don't know what to call it to look for one).

Doing some simple sleuthing and looking at the picture properties you can glean some info that it is USB_DC3_5_to_IPOD link below. :)

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/265292736/USB_DC3_5_to_IPOD_cable.html

Edit: If you want to do a google search this produced other companies.

iPod/iPhone Charge/Sync + Audio Line Out

Edited by enthusiast

• 2 weeks later...

RedFloyd! I got a problem!

Got everything installed & tested; worked excellently.

I tried to button everything up & install the switch in the location shown in the instructions (seemed like a convenient spot) & made the hole too big. :redface::redface: I went off the template in the instructions....but maybe I scaled the PDF when I printed...dunno. Regardless, the switch falls right thru. :confused:

Sooo...I need to a new switch. Can you tell me what I need to look for or a source for the switch? I just gotta find one big enough to fit. Thanks for your help!

Thanks!

Mark

RedFloyd! I got a problem!

Got everything installed & tested; worked excellently.

I tried to button everything up & install the switch in the location shown in the instructions (seemed like a convenient spot) & made the hole too big. :redface::redface: I went off the template in the instructions....but maybe I scaled the PDF when I printed...dunno. Regardless, the switch falls right thru. :confused:

Sooo...I need to a new switch. Can you tell me what I need to look for or a source for the switch? I just gotta find one big enough to fit. Thanks for your help!

Thanks!

Mark

Heee... that's not funny.

You need to find a switch that is at least SPDT on-off-on type. The connector could be 187mils quick connect, but you can always solder the wires directly onto the switch.

Here is the datasheet of the switch I'm using: http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/rockers/pdf/SR_Round_Series.pdf model SRJ24A3BBBNN

Good luck!

Anyone wanting to use the old 12v iphone charger on your 3G / 3GS, you need a new style 5v charger. The internet is littered with info on how to retrofit 5v usb car charger adapters to work with 3G iphones using resistors and a soldering iron.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Anyone do a stright 2 port USB inserts into the cubby itself. I was thinking of tapping off the lighter, and mounting 2 port USB females plugs as well as the audio in (out of old PC case harness, the ones with external usb ports, and headphone/line in miniplugs.)

This way I can always plug things into the cubby and all the wires remain in it.

This is a spring reminder, to let you know that I have bought new parts so I still have kits on hands ready to ship. For the moment the price is still unchanged (100$ shipping included), but I may not be able to include to shipping for long since the $CAN is almost 1:1 with USD$, so hurry up! :)

I just wanted to say thanks and I love the Aux-In kit. It took about 2.5 hours to install and it sounds great. The only thing to be careful of is the size of the switch hole. When you print the guide (whatever the default pdf print size is) it makes the hole too large.