LegacyGT.com

Outback / Legacy GT Hood Swap

Hey everyone,

So last night my hood and grille got punted and it looks like I'm in the market for a replacement.

I have a 08 NA Outback and was hoping to switch in a 05-09 Legacy GT hood from a wrecker. I was hoping that I could fit one with a scoop, and without that little chrome bar above the grille (I may as well fit the aftermarket grille I wanted now as well).

Has anyone on here had issues swapping these before? Specifically converting between the updated headlights and back NA vs. Turbo Hood clearances?

Thanks all!

Hey everyone,

So last night my hood and grille got punted and it looks like I'm in the market for a replacement.

I have a 08 NA Outback and was hoping to switch in a 05-09 Legacy GT hood from a wrecker. I was hoping that I could fit one with a scoop, and without that little chrome bar above the grille (I may as well fit the aftermarket grille I wanted now as well).

Has anyone on here had issues swapping these before? Specifically converting between the updated headlights and back NA vs. Turbo Hood clearances?

Thanks all!

I have an 05-09 Legacy GT hood on my 09 Outback XT. It required that I switch to a JDM Outback front bumper for the hood to fit. For the JDM bumper to fit you also need to switch to JDM headlights, JDM grille, and JDM fenders.

Thanks for the reply WRX USA. Sounds like it is going to be more of a cost than I anticipated. Do you have any predicitons if I went and tried to fit a 08-09 Outback XT hood? I would imagine I would need to do some fitting around the scoop....

If the fenders and headlights are the same. It should bolt right up. Although, why would you want a hood scoop if you don't have a TMIC?

I want a FMIC so I can go incognito with a 2.5i hood. On the Outbacks they look really good.

Exactly what I was going to suggest, find somebody that wants to trade.

I really just wanted the scoop for the appearance, I know it’s a pretty big poser move. Originally I would have been down for a trade with someone along the West Coast, but now mines punted that is off.

Sounds like I’ll try to source a 08-09 OBXT hood. Bummer there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot in the aftermarket grille options out there for USDM OB 08-09. Ritter; I like your Plasti-Dip grille, maybe I’ll do the same sort of thing… I was hoping to go with the Sport Mesh grille but I don’t think that will fit in now.

Thanks for the replies

Archived