LegacyGT.com

I just did a search and couldn't find anything on stash boxes in Legacys. Has anyone here put one in? If so do you have photos and any advice? Just curious. I would be looking at doing something pretty small, big enough for wallet, ipod, and cell phone.

You sure it's just for a wallet, ipod, and cell phone? ;)

----

And no, I have yet to install a stash box, couldn't you just lock your stuff in the glovebox? That's where I put my radar and things when parking my car in sketchy places... If your car's getting jacked, they are taking everything with it no matter what... Where does this said "stash box" go? The trunk, or under the seat?

brian

OK so maybe it isn't just for my wallet and cell...

The type I am thinking of is usually done by some sort of customizer where they find a space that is hollow underneath and cut out a box that is then opened with electronics.

Like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRjBfHF8_kg]YouTube - stash box f-150[/ame]

You have nav? I don't know its dimensions, but I would think the hole that the nav-less consoles have would make an excellent compartment, with a fake custom plastic cover piece and some flip-up action. (Great place for a gunsafe, heh)

I don't have Nav. I have that odd little space there with the unlockable cover. Your right that that would be a great spot for it. It would be slick to get it put in and then have the outside of it match the interior with a nice analog clock there so it looks unassuming. Have a little switch somewhere that would pop it open.

While relocating my info panel the other day I found a few small cavities in the dash, but access might be tricky.

There's a spot the size of my first behind the fuel gauge. If you had the vent/cubby/navscreen assembly telescope out you could probably get to it. Speaking if which, if you have nav, there's probably quite a bit of space behind the screen (where the cubby is on other cars).

There's a bigger spot under the HVAC controls, possibly accessible through the ashtray.

There's a spot the size of my fist to the left of the glove box. Access would probably have to be through the stereo, buy maybe through the inside of the glove box.

OK so maybe it isn't just for my wallet and cell...

The type I am thinking of is usually done by some sort of customizer where they find a space that is hollow underneath and cut out a box that is then opened with electronics.

Like this:

HMMMM....so what exactly are you trying to hide?:iam:

Rehab is for quitters.

I don't have Nav. I have that odd little space there with the unlockable cover. Your right that that would be a great spot for it. It would be slick to get it put in and then have the outside of it match the interior with a nice analog clock there so it looks unassuming. Have a little switch somewhere that would pop it open.

Maybe you should place a secondary cover under it with some cheap instrumentation and then behind that have the stash... Who in their sane mind thinks about looking behind instruments?

Alternative is to have a coin stash there and behind the coin stash the real one... Someone making a grab of coins won't expect that it's hiding something more unless they really know their cars - in which case I assume that they won't be into that kind of activity anyway.

453747.png

Maybe you should place a secondary cover under it with some cheap instrumentation and then behind that have the stash... Who in their sane mind thinks about looking behind instruments?

Not a bad idea. Probably more money then I want to get into but I am going to look anyway.

• 4 years later...

Archived