LegacyGT.com

wideband question

johnboi85

i'm using enginuity for tuning. i need a way to monitor a/f ratio. i'm torn between the plx devices sm-afr w/ the analog gauge vs the Lc1 w/ their gauge. what i'm looking for is a way to datalog my afr's independently as enginuity is still working on their beta for datalogging w/ the lc1. i know the lc1 has its own data logging software so i'm leaning more towards that. i'm not sure if the plx wideband has datalogging capabilities. can anyone tell me different? also i know they usually include a serial cable to connect to a pc for datalogging, but what if i dont have a serial port on my computer? would i be able to manage w/ a serial port to usb adapter? thanks

jonathan

Yes the LC-1 intergrated into Enginuity works just fine.

We use it on my car and it's fine. you just have to buy a serial to usb converter. Mine was $14.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I got a deal on ebay. I got the whole setup including the X16 gauge(digital read and sweep) for $220. But alot of sellers have it new starting at $250.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 4 weeks later...
I got a deal on ebay. I got the whole setup including the X16 gauge(digital read and sweep) for $220. But alot of sellers have it new starting at $250.

so that allows you to datalog to a laptop with logworks as well as having that digital boost gauge? Thats a good deal i may have to consider one of these.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

so that allows you to datalog to a laptop with logworks as well as having that digital boost gauge? Thats a good deal i may have to consider one of these.

Yes, it shows in my datalogs at each step. No problems so far.

sweet, itsme i may be pming you shortly i've been having some issues w/ datalogger finally figured it out, but vista is very annoying makes my life very difficult at times. If i pick up this wideband can you help me out? :redface:

sweet, itsme i may be pming you shortly i've been having some issues w/ datalogger finally figured it out, but vista is very annoying makes my life very difficult at times. If i pick up this wideband can you help me out? :redface:

Sure. I use it with vista and have no problem. There is glitch or trick to the program when use the LC-1. First you will need a serial to USB converter. It was like $10 at frys. They when you start the datalog program you have to go to the plug in tab at the top and choose the LC-1 then pick the com port. Next on the side where you pick what you want to log. You have to check the box on the second section for the LC-1. If you have the car on it will show the the current AFR reading. IF you don't do it in that order then it won't log the AFR.

Which injectors are you using with your 20g? I just got my 20g out of the shop and they put in a TD06 wheel to my 7cm housing and I should be installing it soon. What is the rest of your setup and how do you like? I'm going to run EWG, TGV deletes, APS inlet on my setup as soon as Mr. Bush sends me my "I'm sorry I screwed up" check.:lol:

Would you mind emailing me the LC-1 compatible enginuity? Or point me to the update?

Have you tried the 0.5.0 beta over at romraider.com?

First you will need a serial to USB converter.

I know everyone says this, but it's not entirely true. If your laptop has a serial port (like my old Dell) you don't need a converter.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Which injectors are you using with your 20g? I just got my 20g out of the shop and they put in a TD06 wheel to my 7cm housing and I should be installing it soon. What is the rest of your setup and how do you like? I'm going to run EWG, TGV deletes, APS inlet on my setup as soon as Mr. Bush sends me my "I'm sorry I screwed up" check.:lol:

I run modified 816cc sti catless up-pipe crucial (2.5") complete downpipe, perrin mufflers and y-pipe, Perrin Inlet, prodrive ebcs, K&n intake, Perrin BPV, Perrin Crank Pulley, Td05-20g 8cm, WBR FMIC

Love it, boost dropping off a little up-top im going to try to remedy this in the near future. Its pretty quick :)

Archived