LegacyGT.com

Can I reuse my existing gaskets?

Paradiso

Hey guys, I currently have a crucial shorty down pipe installed, the rest is stock all the way back.

I am going to install a crucial catted "midpipe" ( the second half of the downpipe) and an XO2 mid/Y pipe (all bought from users on the forum)

Finally, the question: Can I just reuse the gaskets that I take off when swapping out parts or do I need new gaskets?

I guess I'm really only worried about the gasket between the 2 pieces of the DP, I'm pretty confident that I can reuse the donut and the gaskets on the mufflers.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

This is non critical gasket you may try to reuse it. OTOH, why cheap out?

Also, I am not sure but I don't think you can use the donut gasket with the X02 midpipe. Unless it necks down to 2.5 and has the donut type flange, you need regular flat gasket.

Thanks for the replies.

I laid everything out on my garage floor. Looks to me that the donut will work OK going from 2 1/2 to 3.

The XO2 Y pipe is 2 pieces but the stock is just a single piece so I definitely need to get a gasket and bolts for that.

I think I'm gonna try to get gaskets or gasket material to cut my own tomorrow and try to get this done over the weekend.

Archived