LegacyGT.com

CEDIA this week: Denver- "Gorgeous!!"

Gire

...as Luke Wilson said drunkenly in Old School, "The Sunshine State!":lol:

I get into Denver tomorrow early and straight to the show.

The best part?

I am going to not 1 but 2 ballgames at fabled Coors Stadium on Friday and Saturday. Both games are with San Diego who are battling for 1st place.

Oh- and I'll probably do some business while I'm there too!:lol:

I won't be replying to anything until Monday but if you all are at the games, look for a tall white guy (30- ish) in the stands somewhere above first base;)

I love Denver! Can't wait to get back there tomorrow!

Sweet. Welcome to Denver! I wish that show was open to the public. I use a program called Xlobby and the programmer will be there... would love to talk to him. Sure... go Rockies but even better GO BRONCOS! (I'm a season ticket holder).

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I wish that show was open to the public. I use a program called Xlobby and the programmer will be there... would love to talk to him. Sure...

I'm flying in from Chicago early Friday morning for a one day whrilwind tour. If you're serious, meet me there and you can sign in as one of my employees and pay the same day registration fees.

I liked it better when it was in Indy and I could drive there.:mad:

ignore him, he'll go away.

But now you get to be Rocky Mountain High!

If that's what they call food poisoning, then you're right. Didn't see much of the show, but I am intimately familiar with the inside of bathroom stall #4 on the main floor. What a waste of a day and $1,000.

great show so far... looking at all the high end audio is too tempting. I might have to upgrade my KEF iQ drivers with the new xQ line. Stunning...

The baseball game last night was great too, except I got too drunk with some of my customers, and then went out to a club called the Tavern. Nice place (from what I remember)!

I'm off to the game again in an hour... I'll be taking it really easy tonight, and then back to Vancouver early tomorrow.

I have always thought how nice Denver's downtown is... probably the cleanest city I've ever been to. I love this town, and if I had to live in the States, this would be near the top of my list.

Go to Portland some time...

MUCH better than Denver

Please don't say anything nice about Portland. We really don't need any more people to move here. Portland is about the cleanest city in the nation, it rivals many of the cleanest cities in the world.

Denver has much hotter, and nicer women. We've got some angry chubbies here. Additionally, the hot dog/bun ratio here is extremely skewed in favor of the women. I might go back to Denver to import me one of their women!

Cedia was kind of lackluster on the product side this year. The 3d tvs were cool, but became nauseating rather quickly.

It was crazy how many manufacturers were pitching media servers. It will be interesting to see who is still around in 24 months.

Its funny how the manufacturers are working so hard on including HDMI on all their products and pushing it so hard, while no real pros that I know will even use it. I guess its here to stay, but I'll take component video any day and not have after hours service calls.

Its funny how the manufacturers are working so hard on including HDMI on all their products and pushing it so hard, while no real pros that I know will even use it. I guess its here to stay, but I'll take component video any day and not have after hours service calls.

Wurd.

I am a component fan myself, using it to watch 1080i hi def on my plasma at home.

HDMI 1.3 is the new buzz, where it can handle up to 10gbps, which is pretty extreme, and is ready to handle up to 1440p, whenever that gets here...

Blu Ray and HD-DVD players only use HDMI outputs as well. No component outs, IIRC.

I remember Portland being really clean too... and that was 15 years ago when I was last there... Nice town!

As for ridiculous speakers (the sexiest part of CEDIA imo), the Mark Levinson product looked pretty sweet, as did the new KEF Reference Series and xQ Series.

But I am a KEF rep, so I am biased...;)

I am a component fan myself, using it to watch 1080i hi def on my plasma at home.

HDMI 1.3 is the new buzz, where it can handle up to 10gbps, which is pretty extreme, and is ready to handle up to 1440p, whenever that gets here...

Blu Ray and HD-DVD players only use HDMI outputs as well. No component outs, IIRC.

What type of cable/sat box and plasma are you using? You might try switching to 720p output. It will likely yield better results.

Blu-ray and HD-DVD players still have component outputs. There are far too many legacy HD displays that only have component video on them. Excluding that group of early adopters would be an exceedingly poor decsion on the part of the player manufacturers.

What you are probably thinking of is that you can only get 1080p ove HDMI, and currently this is true. However, there is a strong push from the integrators (my) side to allow 1080p over component because of its superior reliability as a connection.

In my (extensive) experience, rarely does HDMI look better than component, and frequently it looks worse. Additionally, HDMI has a nasty habit of dropping its connection or locking up the devices. Boo.

What type of cable/sat box and plasma are you using? You might try switching to 720p output. It will likely yield better results.

I have a Philips Ambilight plasma 42PF9966 from a couple years back... I think the native res is 720p but this was a point of confusion for me as the main menu states 1080i but I thought most panels back then worked in progressive...

The cable box I have is a 1080i Motorola Box, part # 6200HD I believe.

I'll have another look when I get home....

The good news is that I am getting to move my den into another room in the house this weekend and will be wall-mounting the panel and updating the home theatre to a Yamaha Sound Bar and a KEF sub.

I know the Yamaha sound bar is 'fake 5.1' but I got it for free and will give it a try.

My old system was a basic 5.1 HTIB from Pana a few years back. Hardly a nice system by today's standards.

not to mention all the issues with trying to prewire with HDMI vs component cables.

We run 1.5" carlon tubes during prewire to all major media locations. That way, when the next wonderwire comes along, we simply pull it through with a string.

I have a Philips Ambilight plasma 42PF9966 from a couple years back... I think the native res is 720p but this was a point of confusion for me as the main menu states 1080i but I thought most panels back then worked in progressive...

The cable box I have is a 1080i Motorola Box, part # 6200HD I believe.

I'll have another look when I get home....

The good news is that I am getting to move my den into another room in the house this weekend and will be wall-mounting the panel and updating the home theatre to a Yamaha Sound Bar and a KEF sub.

I know the Yamaha sound bar is 'fake 5.1' but I got it for free and will give it a try.

My old system was a basic 5.1 HTIB from Pana a few years back. Hardly a nice system by today's standards.

Turn your TV on and set it to the cable box input. Turn the cable box off, an press menu. You will see a white setup screen with black lettering. Navigate down to the second field and set component out to 720p, then push the power button twice to get back to normal operation.

We run 1.5" carlon tubes during prewire to all major media locations. That way, when the next wonderwire comes along, we simply pull it through with a string.

Not really an option with the type construction around here. Wish it were, I like strings.

Turn your TV on and set it to the cable box input... !

I will try this tonight.

I love being a relatively low tech guy in a hi tech industry! Half of my friends are either car audio / home theatre installers or are generally very technical dudes... for 15 years they've looked at me like this: ":rolleyes:"

:lol:

Archived