LegacyGT.com

After market radio ground?

Hey guys, I am LOVING my Legacy.. I am only going to buy Subarus from now on, I was hesitant on buying this baby but I've been driving it for 1 week and nuff said never going back to another brand.. but I just installed an apline headunit and some polk audio speakers, and they sound like poopoo :( It sounds much worse than the stock system which is garbage. I do remember however that there is a ground cable on the alpine headunit, what I did was splice it to the black ground cable in the legacy's audio harness, could that be the cause of my issues? or is the ground on the legacy harness sufficient? the headunit is rated at 4x50W btw, TY!!!!!

The stock HU on 2009 and earlier electronic climate control models had an exterior ground wire with a loop that you placed between one of the frame bolts on the right side of the HU. I am not sure if it is the same on the manual climate control or the newer models, but I doubt they rely on a negative wire in the harness as a solitary ground.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Did you buy a harness adapter or hard wired yourself? Some harness adapters come with a ground but there's no ground on OEM harness. So it may be running off antenna's ground.

Other than that you got good brands so it may be a loud feature on the deck you have to turn on.

thanks for the replys guys. I used a harness adapter, and I even soldered it. I'm thinking possibly I might just bite the bullet and unsolder the ground and ground it somewhere behind the dash properly. Its killin me :(

Archived