LegacyGT.com

Trying to bump up my acceleration in the 0 - 100 range, not to concerned with top end improvement but I wont complain if that happens to :) Starting with a stock 2005 GT 5EAT. Been trying to do a lot of research but their are so many damn options. Is the cobb ap tune going to do much with stock parts? Is a cbe going to do anything without other mods? Will a air intake really damage my engine/turbo without a tune? Would like to spend $500-700 at first than go from there.

Forget the intake, if you want power and bang for your buck, buy a Stage 2 Package (downpipe and the cobb AP with a stage 2 tune) it might be a little bit out of your price range but believe me you will not regret it.

What exactly is the point of the post?

hes saying use the search function because this exact question has been asked at least 10,000 times before by people just like you, with your exact car.

i laugh when people recommend an AccessPort for an 05 when the owner is on a budget. Just go open-source with an e-tune (or one of Infamous1's OTS maps, now that they exist).
While I fully agree and appreciate this view - perhaps OP would be better off with an AP since he may not be computer savvy (lack of "search"/research despite posting otherwise is what led me to this conclusion). :rolleyes:

• Moderators
i laugh when people recommend an AccessPort for an 05 when the owner is on a budget. Just go open-source with an e-tune (or one of Infamous1's OTS maps, now that they exist).

If he plans to do things in multiple stages also, may not be worth getting custom tunes each time. Unless the market changes significantly he could pick up an AP used, use it for his stage 1/2 tunes to safely run his car, and then get a nice opensource custom tune when he's done modding and sell the AP without losing the cost of a single custom tune.

Even if he buys an OTS tune from infamous each time he's going to be spending $100 a pop...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

1) Sell car.

2) Buy motorcycle.

3) ...

4) Profit?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived