LegacyGT.com

Which BPV to Choose?

Did you get this one? http://synapseengineering.pinnaclecart.com/index.php?p=product&id=644

The other one says STi so I'm assuming this is the one that fits the RacerX BPV. I'd love to hear a review as I'm planning to order one of these today.

Actually, I got this

http://synapseengineering.pinnaclecart.com/index.php?p=product&id=565

and this

http://synapseengineering.pinnaclecart.com/index.php?p=product&id=14

Which comes out to $240.90, instead of $282.95. Although I don't have a subaru so I got a different flange. I have a local customer who is going to test it shortly on a 09 wrx, and another with a LGT who will try mine as well. I did just get setup with synapse so I can actually get a slightly better price PM me if your interested.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it appears to be the smallest of all the options. I think the Forge unit is fairly small, or short also. SomeZero was having issues with his GFB Respons smacking into the ABS lines when the engine moved from torque.

The forge units are terrible. :spin:

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I ordered the Turbosmart Kompact as well after checking out this thread, if nothing else it will work as well as stock. Can you guys post up your adjustments to the valve after you install for comparison, I am a bit nervous about having to adjust anything on my car. It is my first turbo so I don't want to make any mistakes, Thanks.

The syanpse DV works completely different than other valves and the drivability is completely different. The unit is actually somewhat open during idle. Which at first seemed a bit odd, but then after thinking about it, it does have several benefits. The unit allows the system to breathe and by passes the turbo in high vacuum conditions.

On a standard BOV/DV, when you tip in on the throttle there is a sharp and brief increase in vacuum as the engine attempting to draw in more air, yet the turbo has not filled the charge pipes yet. This causes a delay in throttle response that many forced induction cars see.

With the synapse DV the valve reacts and opens to balance the system pressure during these drastic changes in pressure. As soon as the pressure from the turbo enters the intake manifold the valve closes. The reaction time of this valve amazing. Since the valve seat and all the internals have o-rings the unit is complete sealed in boost and can hold 60psi (per synapse).

Although I'm not running this on a subaru, I have noticed the drivability is much better then the heavily preloaded greddy valve that came on the car. Smoother idle, no surging, better throttle response, better throttle transitioning, and no flutter. I may actually run a stock lgt valve to compare.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The syanpse DV works completely different than other valves and the drivability is completely different. The unit is actually somewhat open during idle. Which at first seemed a bit odd, but then after thinking about it, it does have several benefits. The unit allows the system to breathe and by passes the turbo in high vacuum conditions.

On a standard BOV/DV, when you tip in on the throttle there is a sharp and brief increase in vacuum as the engine attempting to draw in more air, yet the turbo has not filled the charge pipes yet. This causes a delay in throttle response that many forced induction cars see.

With the synapse DV the valve reacts and opens to balance the system pressure during these drastic changes in pressure. As soon as the pressure from the turbo enters the intake manifold the valve closes. The reaction time of this valve amazing. Since the valve seat and all the internals have o-rings the unit is complete sealed in boost and can hold 60psi (per synapse).

Although I'm not running this on a subaru, I have noticed the drivability is much better then the heavily preloaded greddy valve that came on the car. Smoother idle, no surging, better throttle response, better throttle transitioning, and no flutter. I may actually run a stock lgt valve to compare.

What about the issue of introducing unmetered air on a draw through MAF setup? I do realize that this setup should only be run on a MAP or blow through MAF system, but I know someone will end up doing this on a draw through.

What about the issue of introducing unmetered air on a draw through MAF setup? I do realize that this setup should only be run on a MAP or blow through MAF system, but I know someone will end up doing this on a draw through.

Correct, this must be run in a recirculated setup. The car will not run right at all. You will have to add a large amount of preload to the valve so it closes at idle, then it will essentially be running just like every other bov/dv on the market. With the additional preload the valve will not react as quickly, and may cause surging.

This technology is a big step forward from standard valves on the market, I hope others start to embrace it as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...
Didn't blklgt05 have Synapse try to fit one of their valves on his car and they couldn't get it to run right?

I'm looking into BPV lately and digged up this thread. Yeah Synapse couldn't get it to fit right. I might be doing the Racer-X TMIC with chargepipe soon and I'm getting the 08 wrx adapter to try and make it work. If it doesn't fit, I'll just use the turbosmart one.

I'm running RacerX charge pipe with Synapse BPV. We had to modify/fabricate the flange to connect charge pipe with bpv (I think the major issue was fitment without hitting the brake lines) Edited by acumenhokie

I'm running RacerX charge pipe with Synapse BPV. We had to modify/fabricate the flange to connect charge pipe with bpv (I think the major issue was fitment without hitting the brake lines)

I'm planning to go to Bryan (Racer-X) to pickup the TMIC/charge pipe and probably just have him install everything, do you remember exactly what modification you did to the flange?

I'm planning to go to Bryan (Racer-X) to pickup the TMIC/charge pipe and probably just have him install everything, do you remember exactly what modification you did to the flange?

I haven't seen the finished product myself yet. Just asked installer to see if he has any details or pics.

I like full recirc personally, throws discharged air back to turbo in between shifts allowing for quicker spool. I like the turbosmart personally. Good value and does what it's supposed to. Bryan is offering the Kompact plumback at a reasonable price. That's what I am going with.

I have this and I like it.

Synapse's design is very different, you should get an improved response with Synapse compared to standard DVs. Only issue would be fitment. I'll probably have both Synapse and Turbosmart's DV when I go see Bryan. If Synapse require too much fab, I'd just sell it because I plan on getting protuned the same day.

Synapse's design is very different, you should get an improved response with Synapse compared to standard DVs. Only issue would be fitment. I'll probably have both Synapse and Turbosmart's DV when I go see Bryan. If Synapse require too much fab, I'd just sell it because I plan on getting protuned the same day.

I'm very interested to hear about the fitment. I have a Racer-X charge pipe sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. Synapse dv's seem like an interesting option

Why would the Synapse require any fab, they make a '08+ wrx flange kit that will bolt right up to Bryan's charge pipe? Does the V-band make the whole assembly too tall causing issues with the ABS unit?

I think that's what we had to do but again I've yet to see the finished product for myself.

I'm confused, were you trying to make the EXO X version fit or are you trying to make the 05-09 LGT / 08 WRX version fit? Sounds like you have a different setup.

• 2 weeks later...
I might be switching to a Synapse, the forge is loosing to much boost between flatfoots I have been dogging on the track.

Do not use the forge. They are the worst ones ive tested. :icon_sad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]