LegacyGT.com

Lucky 07 Outback owners

ScoobySTi07

I'm sure most of you have seen this already but the 2007 Outback gets some good hook ups.

Subaru intelligent drive for the 2.5 XT Limited Wagon (basically a stock AP from Subaru though probably not quite that much control)

Auxiliary audio jack for media players (I wonder if I can get them to put one in my '05)

XM radio, MP3/WMA capabilities as well.

No more Garnet Red :icon_sad:

There are probably more but those are the ones that popped out at me. I have make sure and go test drive one of them and check out this new SI-drive thingamajig.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

07 GT owners get the samething, SI drive is nothing special

But XT owners can get a manual transmission.

(Yes, wagons are the only thing that matters, sedans don't exist LALALALALLAALALALALAL)

-Allen

OUtback XT owners also get steering wheel mounted audio controls, but LGT owners are denied this feature. Another WTF subaru!

$150 and 1 hour work upgrade after you sell your old wheel. Screw OB :lol:

The Outback Xt doesn't have the radio controls on wheel. Maybe it does if you have Nav system, but without Nav no controls on wheels, trust me I would have noticed by now :)

Strange... The 07 Outback XT at the dealership without Navi had the audio controls on the steering wheel. I was chatting with the sales manager about how unfair that is. Special order?

Did you note if the one at the dealer was AT. I went to SOA web site, interior pics show car with AT, Nav, and steering wheel controls. So maybe that is the super secret combo.

Does anyone out there have a 2007 OBXT with MT, no Nav, AND steering wheel radio controls? If so I'm going to be very angry!:icon_excl

Did you note if the one at the dealer was AT. I went to SOA web site, interior pics show car with AT, Nav, and steering wheel controls. So maybe that is the super secret combo.

Does anyone out there have a 2007 OBXT with MT, no Nav, AND steering wheel radio controls? If so I'm going to be very angry!:icon_excl

I think you've figured out the secret combo! It was an automatic, that's why I didn't spend too much time with it. If this is true, then 07 LGT sedan owners with automatic should also have audio controls on the steering wheel since it's the same setup? If that's the case, do you think the Outback steering wheel will be cheaper than the SpecB steering wheel?

btw, I dig your Outback XT! I was going to get the same, but had a hard time tracking one down. I got the sedan instead, I'm a bit jealous. :)

Fishing, sorry to hear it was a hard combo for you to find and thx for nice words. I love the sedans but I occasionally want to go off road and appreciate the clearance. For me it was opposite. Went in to look, because I liked the blue and wanted to see if could handle the taupe interior. Right next to the blue one was the one I bought, so I guess love at first sight because I hadn't even given that color a thought.

Unclemat- hmm, i think i would upgrade sways if i wanted to upgrade anything. Wheel controls would be nice but would be way down list behind sways, new tires, etc.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
I think you've figured out the secret combo! It was an automatic, that's why I didn't spend too much time with it. If this is true, then 07 LGT sedan owners with automatic should also have audio controls on the steering wheel since it's the same setup? If that's the case, do you think the Outback steering wheel will be cheaper than the SpecB steering wheel?

btw, I dig your Outback XT! I was going to get the same, but had a hard time tracking one down. I got the sedan instead, I'm a bit jealous. :)

You mean the shift buttons? :lol:

The LGT 5EATs have shift buttons for both the left and right thumb, NO audio buttons. The Spec. B has audio controls because they are 6 speed sticks. I would much rather have three audio buttons on the wheel. If you noticed the Japanese LGT STI, it has really nice, real paddle shifters AND audio buttons which is exactly what we need in the LGT here.

Archived