LegacyGT.com

Si drive not engaging S or S# modes

I have a 2007 GTB that appears to have a 'sticking' Si drive as in it won't engage S or S# mode - very frustrating as the car just feels choked when u want it to go! turning the knob indicates it has engaged wither mode (light on dash shows S or S# but the car just doesn't take off as it should) Any ideas?

IAM is the Ignition Advance Multiplier. Usually this will sit at a value of 1.0 - so your car runs the ignition advance it is supposed to. If your car detects any knock or there is a CEL (check engine light) then the IAM will be dropped - usually to about 0.75. This retards the ignition advance to protect the engine from knock.

If your IAM has dropped then the cars responsiveness will drop. I would have thought you'd still see the changes in the throttle position vs. requested torque (what changing between I, S and S# does) even with a lowered IAM.

Couldn't tell you without knowing what the issue is? You don't have a CEL I presume?

If you can get your hands on a tactrix or a vag-com cable then you can hook your laptop up to the cars ECU. Then use a program called "learning view" and grab a screenshot from that program.

The members on here can then help you figure out what's going on.

cool will try and get hold of a cable and have a look - thanks team

Just flicked you a PM - I'm in Auckland too and I gotta Tactrix cable so can help you out. It won't be IAM though, as you can always go to I or S modes even with IAM < 1.0. Unsure about S# though - I do know you can't go to S# until the cars warmed up at least.

Perhaps - I read that the OP contradicts himself from his first sentence to the next! If he's saying its engaging S and S# but no power, then yeah PtPixel is likely to be spot on with IAM. Easier if I just LV it for him and see...

stibbutt - what fuel are you using? Need BP 98 or Mobil 8000 (purple pump) anything else will drop IAM and make your car drive like poo

Archived