LegacyGT.com

5EAT Gears Slipping, please help

DK76

Just got my engine rebuilt, broken in for almost 1K and now I have another issue: tranny started to slip between 2 and 3 gear. Although its very weird: rpm seem to go crazy right around 2500 whole car shakes violently, it seems that its trying to shift but cannot. It does almost the same in the sport mode, but at higher rpm and has less difficulty shifting. If I go complete manual mode it shifts no problem, although there is some hesitation and shaking while staying in the gear but increasing rpm, but shifts almost with no problems. I'm puzzled and pissed. Advice please?

• Mega Users
Can't imagine that a cracked flexplate would cause vibration only during shifting. Sorry to say that it sounds like you've got some worn clutch packs. It can happen at stage 2 from significantly increased torque at lower rpm.

Can't imagine that a cracked flexplate would cause vibration only during shifting. Sorry to say that it sounds like you've got some worn clutch packs. It can happen at stage 2 from significantly increased torque at lower rpm.[/quote

I thought so too, so I found lgt 07 tranny with 13k on it for $750. Are they the same as obxt? How complicated is swap? Will be there any tcu issues? I hope it is just simple swap, plus swap valve body, cause I got F1.

I thought so too, so I found lgt 07 tranny with 13k on it for $750. Are they the same as obxt? How complicated is swap? Will be there any tcu issues? I hope it is just simple swap, plus swap valve body, cause I got F1.

I am about to begin the process of rebuilding my 5eat too. I bought a built 06 lgt trans for my 06 obxt with out doing much research:spin:. The problems I have run into so far have been, the lgt has a different final drive than the OB. The OB is 3.54 and the lgt is 3.29(I believe). This will throw off the tcu. You would need the same my to begin with. There is some discussion about it in the 5eat pride thread.

Problem solved. It wasn't tranny after all. Took it to my friend who is subaru tech and he said these cars do develop certain hiccup/hesitation in 2-3 gears, he has the same one in hi 08 OBXT 5MT, something to do with valves timing, not gears shifting. Also talked to Shamar @ Inafamous Performance, who tuned my car, and he also said that he has similar hesitation, tried to fix it for years to no avail. I guess it's one one of "pleasures" of owning turbo and high mileage.

I have this same problem but there has been no engine rebuild. I'm stage 2 and have been for about 80k miles. I'm currently at 160k. Unfortunately my tech says that none of his three computers can't establish communication with the engine or tranny. See quote below which he sent to Cobb. Unfortunately they responded with the quote further down. Has anyone seen this? Also, I believe my slip image to be on a larger scale - it happens anytime I try to accelerate quickly. It happens in all gears. The car also violently shakes when the slipping is occurring.

Rob, Finn Mototech: "I am trying to gain access through the OBD2 port with our diagnostic equipment but cannot access the engine or transmission but CAN access the SRS and ABS systems. To reiterate, we currently have no communications with the ECM/TCM systems through the factory interface."

Kyle, Cobb support: "If the Accessport was properly uninstalled, it will return the vehicle completely back to stock. If the AP is still installed to the car, it may prevent you from accessing certain data within the ECU. You might try getting the AP and plugging it into the OBD port. If uninstall is an option, the device is still installed. If this is the case, go ahead and select uninstall and allow the device to reflash the ECU with the stock data. Once this is complete, you should be able to access data as normal. If you have any other questions, please let me know."

I have this same problem but there has been no engine rebuild. I'm stage 2 and have been for about 80k miles. I'm currently at 160k. Unfortunately my tech says that none of his three computers can't establish communication with the engine or tranny. See quote below which he sent to Cobb. Unfortunately they responded with the quote further down. Has anyone seen this? Also, I believe my slip image to be on a larger scale - it happens anytime I try to accelerate quickly. It happens in all gears. The car also violently shakes when the slipping is occurring.

Rob, Finn Mototech: "I am trying to gain access through the OBD2 port with our diagnostic equipment but cannot access the engine or transmission but CAN access the SRS and ABS systems. To reiterate, we currently have no communications with the ECM/TCM systems through the factory interface."

Kyle, Cobb support: "If the Accessport was properly uninstalled, it will return the vehicle completely back to stock. If the AP is still installed to the car, it may prevent you from accessing certain data within the ECU. You might try getting the AP and plugging it into the OBD port. If uninstall is an option, the device is still installed. If this is the case, go ahead and select uninstall and allow the device to reflash the ECU with the stock data. Once this is complete, you should be able to access data as normal. If you have any other questions, please let me know."

Mina has been doing it only in upper rpm's in 2nd gear and lower rpm's 3rd gear. If i accelerate fast or go manual mode there is no slip at all. Its hard to tell what exactly is going on, since there are no trouble codes and a "professional" transmission shop where I took my car to said "it's NOT your tranny", although they would be the first to blame transmission since it's their bread and money. Still, very peculiar

Archived