LegacyGT.com

Front Grille/Bumper Removal 2009 - Help!

I've searched the forums, and everyone has said it's easy, but there's no walk through. Really would rather not take the entire bumper off to install a new grille and hellas.

Pics or help would be greatly appreciated.

If the 09 is the same as the 05. All you need to do to remove the grille is take the 2 10mm bolts and 2 pop clips off the top sides of the grille. Then it should pop right out.

This is assuming that the 09 is the same as the 05. Im not 100% sure that they are. So verify that before trying.

^ Those pics have it right. The 08-09 has a handful of screws that you have to contort your hand around and use a really short phillips screwdriver to get to. A mirror really helps the first time, so you can actually see where they are and not just feel around.
It's cool; I'm with the band

^ Those pics have it right. The 08-09 has a handful of screws that you have to contort your hand around and use a really short phillips screwdriver to get to. A mirror really helps the first time, so you can actually see where they are and not just feel around.

i failed at taking the grille off.. there are no screws on the 09 other than the top two popits?

1st remove the bumber, then remove the grille.

From the thread where you asked the question last week:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/need-help-removing-2009-spec-b-front-bumper-108028.html?t=108028

once you get the pop-its out from bottom, grill area, and wheel wells, the bumper itself is clipped to the car below from the headlight to fender. just carefully pull both sides at the same time. the whole bumper should come out, then remove the grill which is screwed in from behind.

Stuck hand down behind grill. Fed phillips head screwdriver through grill to hand. Removed 6 screws. When I put it back together I didn't bother replacing any of the screws and it's been fine.

From the pdf I posted above (which shows a pic of where the six screws are):

2) Remove the screws from the reverse side of the

bumper face to remove the front grille assembly.

1st remove the bumber, then remove the grille.

From the thread where you asked the question last week:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/need-help-removing-2009-spec-b-front-bumper-108028.html?t=108028

From the pdf I posted above (which shows a pic of where the six screws are):

2) Remove the screws from the reverse side of the

bumper face to remove the front grille assembly.

the internet is the perfect place for being impatient. for whatever reason, i wasn't getting email alerts with replies to that thread :confused:

i also may have forgotten that i posted it there :spin:

the internet is the perfect place for being impatient. for whatever reason, i wasn't getting email alerts with replies to that thread :confused:

i also may have forgotten that i posted it there :spin:

The weren't replies to you, they were earlier posts in the other thread.

Hope you got it squared away.

once again, you dont need to remove the bumper to take the grille off.

there are two poppits but there are phillips head screws on the backside of the grille attaching it to the bumper, with aa stubby screwdriver you can remove these by feeling with your hand behind the grille.

once again, you dont need to remove the bumper to take the grille off.

there are two poppits but there are phillips head screws on the backside of the grille attaching it to the bumper, with aa stubby screwdriver you can remove these by feeling with your hand behind the grille.

Decided since i'm already taking off the bumper, I went ahead and purchased a Hella kit (hopefully a less embarrassing honk than stock) and might clear out the headlights.

Archived