LegacyGT.com

NYC - Lets meet up have a few drinks

Xanth

Guest JessterCPA

Depends on when it is. I may not be able to get away from the family to go to NYC. Depends when it is.

I think we should do a bar/drink thing during the NYC auto show in April. We all go to the show, see the Suby display, then to to a few bars. It'll be a bit warmer then also.

Personally I like d.b.a. on 1st Avenue, and Ginger Man on 37th Street.

Damn I just go snowboarding about 4 days a week, I am curently on day 2 of my break and going back up tomorow night for Saturday and Sunday maybe Tuesday and Wendsday.

where do u go? i'm going to mt creek tomorrow. even though it sucks, it's the closest one.

I go to Butternut in great barington Mass. but in like 2 weeks I will be heading up to Holiday Mountian, it's somewhere in NY upstate. I have family up there and I have to swap visits with them and they visited me in CT the other weekend.

I stay in Winsted CT on Hiighland Lake and we hit Butternut then head out on the lake on snowmobiles afterwards at night. A few years ago i hit 110mph on the lake in 70 degree weather on 25 inches of ice and 6 inches of slush. that was a blast.

Mt. Creek sucks? what dont you like about it? its the best one ive been to.
I hope you mean one of the best in this area (or the best terrain park) b/c otherwise I guess you've never been to any resorts in Vermont? Canada? Anywhere but NJ?! Don't get me wrong, I am fortunate to have a somewhat decent mountain so close (1 hr drive), but I have very few nice things to say about Creek.

What I don't like, let me count the ways

-too crowded

-too crowded

-too icy

-too crowded

-you call that a mountain? more like a hill in my backyard

-overpriced (hmm, $50 to dodge little kids on a crowded icy hill or $50 to ride in peace in the pristine canadian rockies? tough choice)

-too icy

-did i mention too crowded?

Maybe I'm spoiled, but pretty much everyone I know agrees w/me (and mostly all of people I've met on the lifts at Creek). We only go there out of convenience. I've been to Killington, Hunter, and Whistler, and all those were outrageously better (though VT is definitely more expensive, it is well worth it). I'm basically only using the Creek to practice for my upcoming trips to Banff and Okemo. And for the times that I don't have the energy/time/money/vacation days to drive 5 hours or take a plane somewhere.

But anyway, snowboarding=awesome. T-minus 16 hours until I'll be strappin my boots on.

I go to Butternut in great barington Mass. but in like 2 weeks I will be heading up to Holiday Mountian, it's somewhere in NY upstate. I have family up there and I have to swap visits with them and they visited me in CT the other weekend.

I stay in Winsted CT on Hiighland Lake and we hit Butternut then head out on the lake on snowmobiles afterwards at night. A few years ago i hit 110mph on the lake in 70 degree weather on 25 inches of ice and 6 inches of slush. that was a blast.

how far is butternut?

sounds so shibby. i haven't been snowmobiling yet, but i can imagine it must be fantastic.

how far is butternut?

sounds so shibby. i haven't been snowmobiling yet, but i can imagine it must be fantastic.

its about 2.5 hrs from NYC, it is smaller then Mountian Creek but way less crowded and icy and cheeper. $35 weekends, holiday, and Wed - Fri and $15 monday and Tuesday.Nice park but no pipe. heres the web page.

http://www.skibutternut.com/

Archived