LegacyGT.com

What to do for suspension?

2006 SpecB

I am original owner of my babied 2006 Spec B and I think the struts are shot. Any bump I hit seems to be harsh. What are the options for replacing these? I looked online and to replace with stock OEM parts is like $1600 before labor. Anywhere to purchase cheaper? Any aftermarket ones work better and give the same ride height?

I have seen the Bilstein HDs on some Legacys and they just dont sit right. I want this to be as identical to stock as possible.

Or is it time for me to sell the Spec B?

Lol at selling a car over struts.

Get koni's they are a better option and they are adjustable. Do a little searching I know you will need a few more parts then a non spec b, but still much cheaper then new bilsteins.

I hope no one took me seriously on selling it, unless you wanted to offer $13k.

Anyways, I am torn between a rebuild or an all new buy. For Koni I am nervous the car wont ride the same or sit at a funny height like I have seen with Bilstein HDs.

Let me do some research, thanks for the suggestions.

FWIW, struts are easy to replace in the driveway, so you could eliminate your labor costs that way. As for the car sitting different on HD's, that wont happen. HD's are the same, dimension wise, compared to the stock bils and since you arent changing springs, it should not be an issue.

the cars you see not sitting right with HD's are mostly people who put non-spec b springs with them. Aftermarket springs designed to the LGT shock will not sit the same on HD's.

Archived