LegacyGT.com

LED Turn Signal Bulbs

RailKill

I am about to order LED turn signal bulbs and wanted to get opinions from those of you who have them. I was wondering if 18 smd led's would be bright enough or if I should go with more led's. I want them to be about the same brightness as my stock ones. Also, I ordered a CF18-08 signal relay, I was wondering if anyone has had success with that one since I couldn't find the CF18-04. It looks to have the same pinout. Thanks!

Curious, why order LED's if you are looking for about he same brightness as your stock bulbs?

Good question. I like the instant on/off that the led's provide.

from all the turn signal LEDs they are all not bright enough

I'm talking about those switch back LEDs that are like $40-$50 a piece

The 5th gen's front turn signal is dedicated only for a blinker. Its a single filament bulb so a switchback wouldn't work.

You will have to get a flasher relay for leds. If you install just the bulbs, you will get hyperflash. The relay will fix that. Vleds.com has one (CF18-04) but is never in stock. I found one (CF18-08) on superbrightleds.com that looks like it should work. We'll see next week when it comes in.

• 1 month later...
You will have to get a flasher relay for leds. If you install just the bulbs, you will get hyperflash. The relay will fix that. Vleds.com has one (CF18-04) but is never in stock. I found one (CF18-08) on superbrightleds.com that looks like it should work. We'll see next week when it comes in.

So, what's the verdict? Does your lock/unlock flash confirmation feature work with this flasher?

Any tips on where to find that bugger (the flasher relay) to replace it. Do I just need to dig in to the vacation pix and find it? I presume it's under the drivers side dash? Any tips?

• 1 year later...

The 5th gen's front turn signal is dedicated only for a blinker. Its a single filament bulb so a switchback wouldn't work.

is there a remedy for this? the 120 SMD switchback duals look sweet

I installed them and they didn't work, then I stumbled on this post - I don't experience any hyperflashing at all with rear or front turn signals - but the dual color switchbacks in the front don't work. :spin:

I am also awaiting the tap turn modulator - can't wait to get it installed.

is there a remedy for this? the 120 SMD switchback duals look sweet

I installed them and they didn't work, then I stumbled on this post - I don't experience any hyperflashing at all with rear or front turn signals - but the dual color switchbacks in the front don't work. :spin:

I am also awaiting the tap turn modulator - can't wait to get it installed.

You would have to create a 7440 to 7443 wiring harness. The 7443 socket would have to be modified to fit, but it works. I don't have switchbacks, but I have my 7443 LEDs setup so the low +V (dim) portion of the bulb works when the parking lights are on and the high +V (bright) still functions as a turn signal. Get the parts here: http://autolumination.com/connectors.htm.

Switchbacks would be cool but I've heard of various issues with them.

Chris - just get these (2x front and 2x rear) http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/45hp-led-16mm-wedge-base-7440-tower-bulb/1013/

and pickup a TapTurn relay from Scott.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3931848&postcount=1

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4226678&postcount=107

Its awesome!

You'll get OE (actually better than OE) brightness.

Plus this is the setup you saw on my car. Here is a video of it in action with these LEDs:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4365704&postcount=128

for 2013 models - you don't need the Tap turn module, i've installed LEDs without it and no hyperflashing at all, there may have been an upgrade this year as the Outback sports LED flahers in the mirror housing on the Limited trims.

I still ordered the tap turn and have yet to install it, I did it for the 3-4 " tap turn" and the cool warning signals

for anyone else thinking about this...I have a 2013 and tried to install led signals without a module or resistor and mine do hyperflash...i dont know if this other guys was a fluke but my 13 needs a module or a resistor

• 3 weeks later...
Im so over LED bulbs in cars not made with LEDs. I spent almost a hundred dollars from two sites trying to get LEDs to work for signals. When they did work, they were too dim, when they didnt, they fucked up EVERY electrical system on my car. Locking, running lights, you name it. It might be better on the 5th gens. Theyre just a huge hassle and the payoff isnt bright enough and you just end up looking ricer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived