LegacyGT.com

Differential Fluid Change LGT- Limited Slip

Going to change both frotn and rear differential fluids in LGT 2006 automatic with limited slip rear end. Looking at best quality fluids- what do you think of Amsoil series gear lube synthetic 75-90W? Do I need to add limited slip additive to rear differential? Appreciate any input- thanks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
The limited slip itself is sealed so you can't change the fluid in it - you are only changing the fluid for the ring and pinion.

My new thing I learned for the day today. Thanks rao.

It is still ugly.

• 5 weeks later...

My dealer is freakin' clueless and has managed to instil some lack of confidence in me. I had called today to ask how much they would charge for a diff oil and what they had on stock. They said plain 90-weight oil. I asked about 75w90 and I quote the guy on the phone

"Well, that's synthetic and it's not recommended, but it's your car I guess"

Wtf is he talking about? I thought the Extra-S stuff was synthetic also?

My dealer is freakin' clueless and has managed to instil some lack of confidence in me. I had called today to ask how much they would charge for a diff oil and what they had on stock. They said plain 90-weight oil. I asked about 75w90 and I quote the guy on the phone

Wtf is he talking about? I thought the Extra-S stuff was synthetic also?

Yea I wouldn't let them change it

I asked about 75w90 and I quote the guy on the phone

He has no clue what he's talking about. 75w90 is the only fluid for our rear diffs and you can get it synthetic or natural.

You are correct, the front is 75W90NS, the rear is 75W90 IIRC.

The front doesn't have friction modifiers as those interfere with the transmission.

For MTs the tranny (which includes the front diff) and the rear diff all use the same 75W90W fluids. For ATs, the front and rear diffs use the same 75W90W fluid that the MTs use. See the attached for recommended materials and drain/fill locations for the diffs.

SBT

14 - Front & Rear Differential Gear Oil Replacement.pdf

Recommended Materials.pdf

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 3 weeks later...

those last PDF's helped a little... i take it i need (for a 05'GT 5EAT) about 3 QTS of any normal 75w90w differential oil, a new gasket for both diffs, and that liquid gasket for the rear?

does this sound about right...

• 4 weeks later...
For MTs the tranny (which includes the front diff) and the rear diff all use the same 75W90W fluids. For ATs, the front and rear diffs use the same 75W90W fluid that the MTs use. See the attached for recommended materials and drain/fill locations for the diffs.

SBT

Can someone provide more information about changing the transmission and rear differential oil on 5MT's? The PDF's from the russian site show the same 4at and 5at's as these pdf's.

ie.:

-is there a gasket on the transmission drain bolt or rear diff that needs to be changed? Is it liquid gasket and what kind have you used?

-any pictures of the drain bolt locations and tips / walkthrough on changing the fluids on 5mt's?

-what are the torque specifications on the transmission and rear diff 5mt drain bolts?

Brian

Archived