LegacyGT.com

Got my Defi BF Red/Red Guages today!!

ShaggyGT

I ordered Boost, EGT, and Oil Press. Defi BF Red/Red guages from Gruppe-S. They look freakin awesome, I can't wait to get them installed. I am looking to try and mount then in the upper storage compartment if they will fit. After I do some measurements and ensure that they will fit in that location I am going to purchase some black Lexan material to hold the guages in place. Should be a pretty clean install if all goes well. I will update this thread with pictures and a detailed install once I get them in. -Matt

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent! I can't wait to see how they look. Hopefully they fit in the cubby hole with some minor modifications. I want to purchase some Defi BF Gauges (the regular kind, not red/red), so I'd like to see how the install turns out :). Also, maybe once you have them installed, how about recording a tiny video of the gauges in action if possible :)?
-ben

I got the red/red because it will go with the rest of the illumination of the interior. I know it wont match the guages perfectly but they should flow well with the interior. The guages will be installed either tues. or wed. evening. I will have pictures up the following day. The reason it has taken me this long is because I am trying to decide where and how I am going to install them. I dont think 3 60mm guages will fit in the center console, so I may only hook up 2 of them (boost and EGT) until someone makes a pod. Guages w/ the control box ran me about $925 shipped from Gruppe-S. -Matt

[quote name='ShaggyGT']I got the red/red because it will go with the rest of the illumination of the interior. I know it wont match the guages perfectly but they should flow well with the interior. The guages will be installed either tues. or wed. evening. I will have pictures up the following day. The reason it has taken me this long is because I am trying to decide where and how I am going to install them. I dont think 3 60mm guages will fit in the center console, so I may only hook up 2 of them (boost and EGT) until someone makes a pod. Guages w/ the control box ran me about $925 shipped from Gruppe-S. -Matt[/quote] I don't think one 60mm gauge will fit in that center cubby. Unless you remove the door. I tried...didn't work out to well..lol.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I also just picked up a Defi BF Boost gauge, though, I got the one with the proper colors.. ;) Though a bit pricey, this was the only gauge I could find that was worthy of the Legacy's interior. Since I know the thread is about to get one of these.. :needpics: I think might be able fend off the ravenous pic wolves for at least a moment. [img]http://homepage.mac.com/tweak_g4/.Pictures/boost1.jpg[/img] I simply mounted mine on the dash with some sticky tape incase I ever need to go back to the stock look. [img]http://homepage.mac.com/tweak_g4/.Pictures/boost2.jpg[/img] As always, this looks better in person than in the pics. [img]http://homepage.mac.com/tweak_g4/.Pictures/boost3.jpg[/img]

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5'] I don't think one 60mm gauge will fit in that center cubby. Unless you remove the door. I tried...didn't work out to well..lol.[/quote] You are correct. I plan on removing the door and modifying the storage box to fit the guages. I will be custom fabricating a face plate to mount the guages in to give it a clean look. I am very picky with what I do with the interior of this car so it will be a very clean install. I promise I will include lots of pics of the finished product. -Matt

[quote name='ShaggyGT'][quote name='BoxerGT2.5'] I don't think one 60mm gauge will fit in that center cubby. Unless you remove the door. I tried...didn't work out to well..lol.[/quote] You are correct. I plan on removing the door and modifying the storage box to fit the guages. I will be custom fabricating a face plate to mount the guages in to give it a clean look. I am very picky with what I do with the interior of this car so it will be a very clean install. I promise I will include lots of pics of the finished product. -Matt[/quote] Do you think you would do something to semi-mass produce this "faceplate"? I'm sure many people would be interested in it. :)
-ben

Wasn't there a JDM Defi gauge pack that put 3 defi gauges in the cubby location? I don't mean the genome setup, with mechanical gauges. I thought I saw something like that in a JDM STi catalog... If they would just build it for LHD, along with the aftermarket stereo double-din plate.

[quote name='axis008'][quote name='ShaggyGT'][quote name='BoxerGT2.5'] I don't think one 60mm gauge will fit in that center cubby. Unless you remove the door. I tried...didn't work out to well..lol.[/quote] You are correct. I plan on removing the door and modifying the storage box to fit the guages. I will be custom fabricating a face plate to mount the guages in to give it a clean look. I am very picky with what I do with the interior of this car so it will be a very clean install. I promise I will include lots of pics of the finished product. -Matt[/quote] Do you think you would do something to semi-mass produce this "faceplate"? I'm sure many people would be interested in it. :)[/quote] That is very possible. :) -Matt

I havent forgot to update this thread. I have had a change in plans for the mounting plate. I have decided to go with a 1.5mm carbon fiber plate instead of plexiglass. If I decide to market a few of these there will be an option for both 1.5mm and 3mm thickness face plates. I should recieve the carbon fiber plates this week with the guages installed this weekend or before. Sorry for the delay... -Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Well the carbon fiber plate that I ordered was on backorder. Finally they have it in stock and it is on its way to me. I should have it in my hands on Monday and will have the guages installed Tuesday or Wednesday. Again sorry for the delay and lack of updates. Like I said before I am very anal about doing custom peices and want it to be perfect. -Matt

Well I got the face plate completed today!! I will install the guages tonite and I will pos pictures of the face plate not installed and pictures of it installed with the guages. Mine actually turned out to be slight off center but the production peices will be perfectly center. it is going to look freakin awesome!!! -Matt

Archived