LegacyGT.com

Hey you BE guys...

anyone ever have troubles with the front diff? i know my front CV joints need to be replaced, but now i've gone from the nice clicking sound under hard turning (i.e parking, pulling out from parking) to a grinding/slipping/hopping sound. possible front diff issues im guessing? just wondering if anyone else has had front diff issues. if so, whats the replacement cost usually like?

Kenda:dm:

I broke my swaybar a while back and it made a similar sound when i turned. Check your swaybar and endlinks for breaks or fractures. The new sway bar fixed the problem.

ooooh, good call. will look into. although i've never heard of a sway bar breaking be4!! wouldn't i feel that through the "spirited daily driving"?

Kenda:dm:

When mine broke I heard it but couldnt pull over. I tryed to figure out what had happened while driving so I did the lil NASCAR swerve. I went from the fast to slow lane as fast as I could but no difference in handling. When I pulled into a parking lot and did a sharp turn I heard a knocking. The next day, I popped of the wheel and the bar was broke. Swapped it out and things are fine.

My brothers is a mechanic for V-DUB. lol had to say that! Neway he put on my new brake system and while we had the rims off he took a good look at my suspension. He noticed I had a tie rod bushings/end link that had gone bad. He pointed it out to me and said it wasn't too bad yet but replace it ASAP because it WILL lead to joint failure down the road. He said they are like $30 a side and go ahead and do it before it become a couple hundred for the joints. Check all your components if you get a chance. Also, when I replace the endlink bushings, I'm going to go ahead and replace all the bushings in the car with polyurethane.

Archived