LegacyGT.com

Installing an alarm and need help!

Has anyone done a diy install of an alarm system on our car? I dont trust the shops around here and I have experience with wiring. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Heres the questions I have -

1)Do I cut wires or splice them?

2)What wires go to where? I have a diagram for both the car and the alarm but when I tried to wire up just the door locks i got nothing. (Brown and white wire)

3) Does anyone know of a walk through I can read/watch?

I have searched through the forum and keep getting the same results.

Thanks!

im basically looking for someone to say connect this wire to this wire. splice this one cut this one ect. I cant afford an install (basically because I just replaced my throw out bearing and window) My car was broken into. hence the need for an after market alarm system.

This thread might help: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/complete-legacy-wiring-info-59165.html?t=59165&highlight=alarm+install

Understood about money and all, and before I ended up having mine installed I just searched every resource possible. You may want to check the 12Volt forums out to see if there's any additional information aside from the wiring guide.

Just got done doing mine with autostart pm me and I'll give you the info your looking for. Make it easy on yourself and use a dei alarm , interface and key imulator. You can tap into the factory door locks, alarm, dome light , tach signal and door pins with three wires. . It should be an easy install.

Im not doing a remote start, i live in florida so its quite useless and I have a Manual so its not that safe lol. I am installing an alarm made by Absolute USA. Its a 1 way that vibrates if someone opens my door. I am installing every sensor I can to make this thing go off if someone breathes on it =)

For what its worth you can use autostart to turn the AC on or as a turbo timer. They make an autostart for a stick, you leave the car running in autostart mode, get out, close the door,set the alarm and the car shuts off. If you open the door the alarm will not autostart. ( it assumes that since you left it running and got out of the car its ok to restart.)

Archived