LegacyGT.com

Car won't hold idle or start sometimes

Mine did pretty much the same thing when my M.A.F. went out? It would start, idle would bounce a little, drop down really low(under 1k) then die, I'd start it back up, it'd die and the it wouldn't start. Just a thought

Mine did pretty much the same thing when my M.A.F. went out? It would start, idle would bounce a little, drop down really low(under 1k) then die, I'd start it back up, it'd die and the it wouldn't start. Just a thought

Thanks for the quick response I swapped the maf over and the throttle body sensor over and didn't change. I can start it up sometimes and it will idle at about 1500rpm then when I give it gas it dies on me.

Hmmm... definately sounds like something involving air/fuel to me.... fuel filter clogged up? I know my jeep would do a similar thing at one point too. Fuel pump was old and couldnt keep up.

I've had a bad mechanical experience with mine as well! Burning think.that's only because the dumb @$$ mother f*cker who I bought it from thought it was a race car and beat the living piss out of it:( BUT! Although my mechanical experience hasn't been great... I love driving mine:) but yeah I'd run the codes!

WTF is a throttle body sensor?

Its your idle air control valve. The line for it has come off of the air intake tube.

I didn't know the name of the sensor so I just called it that, I will look it over a tube that has popped off thanks!

I had a check engine light before but it came up for the knock sensor and o2, and I would rather not pay for a tow to a shop aha

I'm sure an advanced auto, orileys, or even a dealership will let you rent a scanner with a large enough deposit.. they'll probably ask you to leave your drivers licence too.

THREAD JACK!(sorry): can someone explain to me the significance of a knock sensor? Mine throws that code too... feel free to pm me. I don't wanna get charged with thread theft lolololol;)

WTF is a throttle body sensor?

Its your idle air control valve. The line for it has come off of the air intake tube.

The throttle body sensor he's refering it the throttle position sensor aka TPS

• 1 month later...

Engine Coolant Temp sensor did this to me like two years ago. Not trying to rez this thread, just hoping to help anyone reading that might have a similar issue finds this useful/

I also had this AGAIN about two weeks ago. Turns out that I kinked the hose from my intake duct into my IACV somehow. Car ran... just not great. Stalled after starting quite a few times, other times it would just idle low and go "potato-potato-potato", fighting off a stall before the engine warmed. Unkinked the IACV hose and it now it runs like a dream. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived