LegacyGT.com

wheres my oil?

Okay so here is the deal. I just had my right ankle fused and I cannot walk and or drive:(. I have my 06 2.5i leggy sitting in the driveway for the past 2 months. My fiance has been starting it every once in a while just to make sure it starts and that the battery keeps charged. Well the other day I went out there to check on all of the fluids to only find the oil dipstick bone dry:eek: Where is my oil? Should I add more? DO I have a big problem?

if you let it idle and warm up by itself, it takes longer to warm up vs. driving and taking it easy. this takes longer for the rings to seal up against the walls. so thats where the engine oil goes. this also causes cylinder wash. thats my guess. :confused:

Okay so here is the deal. I just had my right ankle fused and I cannot walk and or drive:(. I have my 06 2.5i leggy sitting in the driveway for the past 2 months. My fiance has been starting it every once in a while just to make sure it starts and that the battery keeps charged. Well the other day I went out there to check on all of the fluids to only find the oil dipstick bone dry:eek: Where is my oil? Should I add more? DO I have a big problem?

sounds like you should add some oil

This is one thing ive found really hard is to get a proper oil level reading on our cars. Be sure its on level ground, Try removing oil cap to relieve some pressure in the system and give it about 20 min and check the oil level again. If still no oil add some start it and let it sit and try checking again in about 4 hrs..

When's the last time it was checked prior? These engines are known to consume oil, depending on how they're driven etc, and you really do need to stay on top of it. I check mine usually every other fillup to be on the safe side.

Archived