LegacyGT.com

Fender rolling

Hops

Thinking of lowering your car? Better get your fenders rolled first! I think this is necessary on ANY Subaru...

I couldn't find a shop anywhere to roll my fenders a while back, so I purchased an Eastwood fender roller and a heat gun and did it myself. I've done numerous cars now, not just Subarus. S2000s, MS3s, GTIs, S4s, and a ton of Legacys.

I work out of my garage, but I will travel for an extra $20 if your car is not capable of moving.

My price is $60 for front or rear, $100 for all four corners. You get a discount if you bring me good beer. :D

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/JDMChizad/DSC04117.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any tips on rolling? I am going to have to do it soon to fit my new summers. I got 235/45/17. They are really close to fitting but the rears rub when I hit bumps.

How did your paint hold up? How long did it take you? Would love some good advise.

I tried it last night. Only one side (left rear) was rubbing cause I got hit there and insurance is dragging their feet on the repair. The damage was fairly minor but just enough to bend the fender into the wheel when shocks are compressed. Anyway it is getting repainted any way so I warmed it then rolled with a baseball bat. I cracked the paint but didn't care cause it was just to stop the rubbing. I just wanted to get a feel for it for when I get my buddies roller.

Lesson learned: HOT PAINT= GOOD OUTCOME!!

Thanks for the advise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived