LegacyGT.com

Yokohama The AVS ES100 on sale at tirerack.

fzanetti

Damn I need tires and that is a good price. They do not get the best reviews though from scanning nasioc.

That's why I wanted to ask people here man...

Lots of conflicting info there on NASIOC and Tirerack, some love, others hate them...

Wanted to see if any fellow LGT member has ever run on those...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

i have autox'd a car that had these tires and i was not impressed, had to run higher pressures because the sidewalls would cave and induce massive understeer. probably fine for regular driving and dirt cheap at that price. as far as summer tires go theyre probably a C.

I had those tires on my previous car, '02 mustang gt, 18x9 rims with 275/35/18. The compound is pretty hard, so I really wasn't that impressed with the handling. I didn't notice soft sidewalls but that is probably because I had 35 ratio. They would probably wear a long time though, so if you just want summer tires to last a long time they might be ok. If you want really good handling I'd look elsewhere.

I got in on the closeout of the bridgestone re01r, currently running 235/40/18. These things grip like crazy on the street, the subie would run circles around the old mustang, and both cars have/had suspension mods.

i have autox'd a car that had these tires and i was not impressed, had to run higher pressures because the sidewalls would cave and induce massive understeer. probably fine for regular driving and dirt cheap at that price. as far as summer tires go theyre probably a C.

Not my experience at all. I have them on 18x8 wheels 225/40 tire size. I ran them at 45 lbs and steadily came down to around 36-38 lbs pressure since no chalk came off the sidewalls (ie, I wasn't running on the sidewalls).

The difference may be suspension. I've got Swift springs, Cobb f/r sways and I'm running about one degree negative camber all around.

My wife hates the ride with the stiff sidewalls and Swift springs, so I just put them on for autocross. With my suspension setup they tramline a lot and dart over bumps on roads, but I don't mind cz I like the steering feedback on the track.

I've had them on my LGT and before that on my Volvo 850 Turbo wagon. They feathered the tread on both cars and get pretty noisy after 20k miles.

If you want good summer tires and don't mind losing wet performance, try Falken Azentis instead. Nearly as cheap but much more grip, but just looking at their solid tread makes me think they would be awful in heavy rain.

I thought mine were kinda noisy on the highway and that overall grip was not the best but they weren't designed as a max perf tire anyways. For the money, they are a good tire. They were pretty good in the rain too.

I had them before (on an Impreza) and LOVED them. Definitely not a race tire, but are fine at 9/10 driving, mountain roads, etc. Treadwear was not an issue (still looked new after 20k), they were quiet, wet traction was great. I highly recommend them for street driving.

Great for the 3 months I had em but then I sold my car along w/ the wheels. I am really tempted to pick these up for the price but the guys treadware complaint at 6.5K miles kinda scares me since I drive 100 miles a day for work and these would be my summer/fun tires.

Archived