LegacyGT.com

Who's this David Bynon guy?

Who else got emails from David Bynon and http://www.guidetodetailing.com?

I recognize the name, and I thought he might have been the guy who used to run Autopia.

Seemed like a weird method of emailing his former client list, and gave me the impression he was forced out of his previous position and stole the contacts list before he left! :lol:

I may try to copy the email in later tonight, but if you got the same email, feel free to post as well.

David is the former owner of Autopia. The guy has a ton of knowledge. I learned so much from him and the guys at Autopia. David is actually to thank for what I do today, in fact. He allowed me to be in the pack of the first moderators on Autopia and even made me his assistant administrator for awhile there. I've learned a ton since then, but if he hadn't given me that opportunity at the beginning of my education all those years ago (I joined Autopia back in 2000) then I am sure I wouldn't know what I know today about so many things.

David is an awesome writer. He has written several highly detailed articles and guides on detailing. He even has some awesome new blogs and sites that he has built. One of them is specifically about Clay. He is writing others about Engine Detailing and other topics. He is basically doing what I have tried to do but am not nearly as talented of a web designer, nor have I had the time to do it like he has. He is definitely someone you will want to keep an eye on and at least read what he has to say.

I'm not entirely sure where he got our emails from, but I'm sure he didn't steal them from Autopia or anything like that. You may have either been a customer or subscribed to his site at one time. If not, then I would email him back and ask him where he got your information. I'm pretty sure he got mine because I subscribed to his site. If David says it, then I like to read it. :) Check this site out if you haven't already. http://detailclay.com/

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Well, my guess is that he had my email from previous purchases at Autopia. I just thought it was weird the way he wrote the email. Did he sell the site? It seemed odd that he didn't just identify himself as owner of Autopia if he had my email from there in the first place.

At least it's who I was thinking of. :)

I'm pretty sure he sold the business. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but that is because I'm not active on Autopia anymore. A little too much drama out there on the dedicated detailing forums for my taste. I'll stick to enthusiast boards like this and customer boards like Autogeekonline.net.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived