LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

Giovanni...please clarify for me.

Did they do a baseline with OE TB first or is that dyno sheet from your previous tune before the new motor?

EDIT: Okay, I see it says Headers. I assume run 2 is after you added headers. Is it safe to assume that the boomba TB made all that difference? Is that what ECS said? I see boost increased. I suppose they were able to do that because they had more airflow through the TB?

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fredrick, a bit off topic... STI 6MT bolts right up to FA20DIT WRX... check out the limited run ADM out of the box racecars. 8 bolts vs 6 but its PnP.

any link? I couldn't find by google.

If I can do that, I definitely will. I will have closer gear ratios, better acceleration, and stay in the power band.

Edited by fredrik94087

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

That article led me to possum bourne which led me to this:

http://www.possumbourne.co.nz/Rally-Underbody.html

That is not all they have...they even have fa20 short blocks and closed decks options.

The above link is funny for me as I remember my fender liner issues.

Giovanni...please clarify for me.

Did they do a baseline with OE TB first or is that dyno sheet from your previous tune before the new motor?

EDIT: Okay, I see it says Headers. I assume run 2 is after you added headers. Is it safe to assume that the boomba TB made all that difference? Is that what ECS said? I see boost increased. I suppose they were able to do that because they had more airflow through the TB?

yes safe to assume that plus higher compression made that difference

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

First impressions: the Mrs. is driving now so I got some time. (btw she's got a big grin too as she punches it)

She was a bit faster at first but the real power came after the 50 miles and ECU got fully dialed in.

Torque: it's definitely a huge increase and suprisingly not overwhelming except right in the beginning when I didn't get the pedal modulation right.

She pulls SO easily at highway, rarely needs to disengage the torque converter to accelerate, even on inclines.

The car just hits 3rd and pulls unlike it ever did before. In fact 4th feels more like 3rd used to.

0-60 is probably low 5s, need to clock but might even be high 4s.

Sound: there is no way to explain it but exotic. Super quiet on highway and its not a growl or a drone, but it's just nice..I think the magnaflow will be added next year. I've heard yours Perscitus and it sounds SO nice.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

That's terrific feedback, the magic is still good!

Apparently my headers didn't come with spacers (not direct from Raptor Superchargers) and they were able to work around that just fine. No leaks, or mounting issues.

That is a question for someone whose done far more work on their car and played with the headers a lot more so I'd direct the question to either Perscitus or ItalianLegacy

I just installed mine with stock gaskets and they fit fine. I have an EZ36 in an 09 Lego 3.0R but they say they fit all legos. I don't know what spacers you guys are talking about..

I fabricated my y-pipe off a jig I made off the stock header and it was a direct fit.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/Lego%2030r/image_zpsbcbc0ovg.jpg

The spacers are only needed in two cases (Tradewind, please correct me if any of below is incorrect):

a. 5th gen 3.6R with 26mm FSB (either a 2013+ or a 2010-12 with upgraded FSB)

they help to prevent clearance issues with the headers and FSB once the suspension is loaded once off the lift and/or active when car is in motion

b. 6th gen 3.6R

The spacers are only needed in two cases (Tradewind, please correct me if any of below is incorrect):

a. 5th gen 3.6R with 26mm FSB (either a 2013+ or a 2010-12 with upgraded FSB)

they help to prevent clearance issues with the headers and FSB once the suspension is loaded once off the lift and/or active when car is in motion

b. 6th gen 3.6R

The information above is correct

Also, a 3.6 mounted in a 4GEN does not need spacers at all, as discovered by spidermanswrx. No 4GEN H6 requires spacers

All sorted.

Anyone else keen for headers, deciding on when to process next order ......

I wish I were still in the market for headers...

Enabling mode: ON... Subispeed has a set of FA20DIT headers. But Id say they are more trouble than their worth for little gain on stock turbo. But still... ;)

Stop it! I just installed a mishimoto tmic with their charge pipe. I think it's gonna be the end of my mods for a while. Gonna make it up to my tuner next week hopefully and see if we need to adjust anything for more gains.

Those headers are most likely after doing a full turbo-back, intake, ETS turbo, etc., etc., etc., exterior mods and lighting mods. Then, you can do the headers :lol:

I bolted them up with stock gaskets and had clearance with suspension loaded but just wanted to make sure. Thanks

Come to find out i do need the spacers. I moved the car and now they touch. So running the spacers is it spacer then gasket header or gasket spacer header. The guy at the exhaust shop said might get away of putting a spacer on they sway bar mounts. That would be a lot easier

Quick update from AMR who have been hard @ work further decoding our ROMs beyond what ROMRaider and Ecutek can do out of the box.

They now have per-cylinder injector control and more control over the 5EAT (way it shifts, power output per gear, no shift-point control just yet)... most likely indirectly via the ECM (as it connects to the TCM) rather than the TCM itself.

Individual injector control and injector compensations is decoded for:

2014 Legacy/Outback 3.6R, with the following ECUID/CID combo:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10319

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=514

2011 Legacy/Outback 3.6R, with the following ECUID/CID combo:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11616

Perscitus - Awesome! Hoping they get the 2010 next!

What will we notice with power output per gear?

Currently my transmission shifts earlier then it did just because the engine can loaf with all the torque, wondering if they already did some work on mine because it definitely shifts differently then before.

Curious, we all know the paddle shifters set up stock are terrible and it takes significantly longer then it should to shift after pressed, is Rob and the crew working on a way to make the time between the paddle shifter pulled and our car changing gears faster? Or is that the shift-point control you speak of?

Also, when my car loafs are 1200-1500 rpm and I gently rest my foot on the gas i can hear a bit of a grumble from the exhaust, however if I am driving with the RPMS 1800+ I won't hear the exhaust note until 3500+, is this something you've experienced too or something I should note to Rob next time we talk?

Otherwise love the change in the car, the misses loves it/is a bit concerned because now the car defines sleeper and I take advantage of the power more then she thinks I should.

Oh, I have no idea how you get 30+ in your car on the highway (I don't doubt you do), I just can't seem to top 28; but then again its been with the A/C blasting and the car going 75-80.

Oh I did end up learning 1 negative but important thing from the headers. If you get them and have a pre 2013 legacy you NEED the suspension upgraded. its way too soft to handle the power and the car feels super boaty now

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk