LegacyGT.com

Who has the Whiteline KCA399 Rear Camber kit?

Matty2Hotty

Looking to see if anyone has the whiteline KCA399 camber kit, looked all over the internet of installed pictures to see exactly where these guys go and can't find anything. Anyone have any installed pictures on location? Debating if i should install my coilovers now, or wait on them that will be here in 3 more days. I might drive ummmm 40miles max within the next 3 days so that is why am asking.

I have them.

They go on the banana links, on the knuckle-side. That link houses the bump-stop mount.

Since the banana has to come out, I suggest waiting on the coilover install. You'll have to realign the car anyway.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Sounds good, yeah i know i have to get religned anyways but i figure i have to drive a little bit and break in the new coilovers a little bit before just throwing her up on alignment. I don't mind ripping off the tires again to install them but if i have to deal with taking the coilovers off in a way to install them then i would wait of course.

I used a press to get mine out. It was pain free!

Coilovers, good ones, don't have a "breakin" period. You should align the car immediately. Just wait and do the KCA399 kit at the same time.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 2 weeks later...
I don't believe so... maybe BAC will chime in again. I herd just a torch and let the bushing melt out. I think this is the KCA399 installed... Not sure!

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/download/file.php?id=636

Yeah that's the KCA399. It's also my car you posted a pic of :).

With the kit I was able to lower the back by just under 1" but still keep -0.5deg static camber so the back is a bit lively. Without the kit it was at about -1.5deg.

Full build thread here:

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6735

My legacy is all stock...but I'm having a problem with the rear suspension...my camber is off by 2.5 degrees on the rear drivers side and 1.5 degrees on rear passenger side and cannot be fixed by the stock parts...these would help me for a degree...but not technically enough to properly realign my car...=/ any other ideas? My mechanic said to look for adjustable rear upper control arms...not much luck finding those yet...please help I want to stop ripping up my rear tires...

Yeah I was assuming something was bent when I took my car in to be looked at...but between a dealer and now a trusted mechanic...they've come up with nothing. Another mechanic friend said some cars frames can bend over time...which if that is the case I'm not sure how to fix this...but I'll definitely bring up the springs, etc to my mechanic and see what he thinks...regarding the ride height, i'm not sure...my mechanic had the car up for an alignment...would he notice that at that time? if any one else has any input or ideas/possiblities I'd take any advice I can get...thanks guys...

That does seem odd.

I wonder if your car just has saggy, 6 year old suspension?

It's not typical to measure ride height when aligning wheels (although i believe it should be for a thorough job). If it was only 5mm higher on one side compared to the other that could mean a difference in camber of 0.5deg easily, and such a difference in height is not immediately visually obvious unless measuring. Plus any other variables such as wear and tear etc could make up your 1deg difference.

Even tyre pressures as well! Not many shops check your tyre pressures are even either before they align, and can further account for a few mm higher on one side.

from what i've read the perrin adjustable rear lateral links could also fix my camber problem...but other threads are saying they aren't very good for areas with snow/road salt...so thats not really a way i want to go...

• 1 month later...

Was anyone successful in removing the old bushings without removing the rear banana link and using a press to them out? I dont mind taking off the link, but I don't have a press and wanted to see what my other options were.

Other then torching the old one, what has everyone else done?

I tried "renting" (for free) a press from Autozone, but wasn't able to get enough torque without having a vice to hold the banana down. My local shop installed everything for $50, it's a pretty easy job other than pressing them in/out

• 1 year later...

Bumping this dead thread.

Can anyone explain how to actually adjust the rear camber bolt once it is installed? Is there a special type of tool used to turn the whiteline metal sleeve?

I want to at least get them close before an alignment.

• 2 months later...
Sorry to bump a dead thread again,, but I have a similar issue. Just got my 08 LGT aligned and I was pushing -2.4 degree rear camber on the drivers side and -1.4 on the passenger side. The camber actually killed a tire so I'm not happy about it. Frame and suspension guy can't find anything bent and the car only has 60k on it, so there shouldn't be issues like that. Anyone have new ideas?

I ended up buying the Whiteline adjustable control arms. Fixed the saggy frame problem I had...I actually have two extra Uppers (never used)if you can find just the lowers Ill give you a good deal but they usually sell together...

• 7 months later...

Archived