LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

Coffee cup mod +high flow drop in air filter.

Swapped out 16mm rear sway bar with 18mm from 97' Outback. Omitted end links by cutting Cherokee control arm polyurethane bushing in half and bolting straight to lateral bar.

Also swapped out 19mm front for 20mm from a 00' Legacy GT.

Love how this car handles :spin:

Coffee cup mod +high flow drop in air filter.

Swapped out 16mm rear sway bar with 18mm from 97' Outback. Omitted end links by cutting Cherokee control arm polyurethane bushing in half and bolting straight to lateral bar.

Also swapped out 19mm front for 20mm from a 00' Legacy GT.

Love how this car handles :spin:

do u have pics of this?? and whats the part number of the bushings thanks

do u have pics of this?? and whats the part number of the bushings thanks

http://i47.tinypic.com/2n8yc8o.jpg

Not a factory setup. Mounts are on bottom from factory and may not allow for omitting the end links.

Bushing was from an old kit when I could afford gas in Jeeps don't have a part number for you but its from the upper control arms on the front of any Grand/Cherokee/Wrangler with coil front springs.

I thought that you could just swap in a rear sway on your leggy even if it didn't come stock. Aren't there any bolt holes where the tabs go?

94BC, do you have the stock 22E engine? I know a lot of people do the coffee cup mod on 22Ts. I don't see a hood scoop. Pics!

I thought that you could just swap in a rear sway on your leggy even if it didn't come stock. Aren't there any bolt holes where the tabs go?

94BC, do you have the stock 22E engine? I know a lot of people do the coffee cup mod on 22Ts. I don't see a hood scoop. Pics!

You can just swap. Mine ended up that way from welding as a goof that worked out better than stock.

No hood scoop. Cut out the spot for fog?lights? on the non ss bumper which catches air and puts it right in the fender. I'll post a pic later.

the rear toe adjuster does not have any tabs for the end link to bolt to. the bolt holes are in the frame, just filled with undercoating. will need to tap them out. i might just order new ss tierods if their not expensive

^^

How come you didnt use the 97 endlinks?

Did they not come on the bar?

the rear toe adjuster does not have any tabs for the end link to bolt to. the bolt holes are in the frame, just filled with undercoating. will need to tap them out. i might just order new ss tierods if their not expensive

^ What he said.

Poor mans wanna be ram air.

Also did valve cover gaskets and picked up another reckless driving ticket on an on/off ramp. 60mph in a 25 :eek:

http://i48.tinypic.com/11ifpqv.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/eb4qqo.jpg

Edited by 1994BC

Finally got the engine mounts straightened out. Ended up putting he originals back in place. So the engine is back in place. Rebuilt shifter some. Replaced radiator and intake. Once I add oil, coolant and power steering fluid I can try to get her running again.

Need to replace a ball joint and get a battery. Still not sure what I'm going to do with his car. The chump vision seems to be dead. Might just get it road worthy and take a loss on it. Just glad I had a good shop day mostly.

Edited by 05LGTLtd
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

^ What he said.

Poor mans wanna be ram air.

Also did valve cover gaskets and picked up another reckless driving ticket on an on/off ramp. 60mph in a 25 :eek:

Wow. I definitely missed that post in general. My bad.

I tried to buy an ac charger kit at the parts store. Turns out my 93 is r-12 not 134A so I can't do it myself. I'll have to take it to the dealer. They quoted me $100 + freon. :mad:

convert to 134a, replace recieverdryer, remove the compressor drain all oil from it. remove both lines for evaporator and condensor. you can get a a/c system cleaning kit. use it then blow it dry with compressed air. then Install everything back in and use 134a!!! I've converted lots of cars at my work to 134a(old mercedes that is) all of them have worked. then simply recharge it with the 134a. You will use a little less of it then r12 only 80% of the orignal charge.

FYI: if there is any charge left in the system(r12) go to a recharge center and have them pull it out. dont release into air!!

Sunday: replaced driver's side balljoint. Topped fluids and attempted to charge old battery. No luck there. Reconnected all the little things to the engine. put old header back on for now. Realized I forgot to put the little twist tie thingy back on the lower right belhousing stud to hold the O2 sensor lead away from the half shaft. Damn.

Today: new battery in and cranked her up. First time the car has run in several months. Will look into having someone weld up the exhaust for me sometime this week.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Yeah, thanks. I read up on how to convert to 134a, but I am busy right now and if I can get the dealership to charge the r12 then I will be happy. If it doesn't work, then I will just have to convert.

Getting R12 would be the best because the car

was made to operate on R12. If you put 134 in

there it will never get as cold as it could with 12.

At least that's what I've heard from a few mech.

friends.

http://img.tapatalk.com/62f610cd-d965-ac1b.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/62f610cd-d96f-83d6.jpg

Got my breaks done the front needed new calipers lol but also got some free wheel spacers!!!

Nice :D What coil overs are those?

Also, wheels spacers can cause bearing issues.

I'd be careful about using them.

05LGTLtd: Freakin A...I think I did too haha.

Stupid twist-tie...

Congratulations on getting it running again

though :D

Getting R12 would be the best because the car

was made to operate on R12. If you put 134 in

there it will never get as cold as it could with 12.

At least that's what I've heard from a few mech.

friends.

Yeah sometimes depends on the car. could allways get a 1994 134a a/c compressor from junk yard, but whats 5 degrees difference in the end. besides I need one first lol:spin:

Got my new to me stock radio installed and I am glad to find out 1. The damn thing works and 2. I actually have speakers in the car, now all I need to do is get my big ol paw back behind the unit itself and plug in the antenna wire and also figure out why it will not hold any memory. Every time I turn the car off it wipes it clean. I got the radio out of a 91 sedan so I am not sure if that makes a diffrence or not, but I am at least glad to have tunes and a stock deck with an AUX input on the front, cool feature. Its a little slow going but I am getting things checked off of my list.

Yeah sometimes depends on the car. could allways get a 1994 134a a/c compressor from junk yard, but whats 5 degrees difference in the end. besides I need one first lol:spin:

Yeah, probably wouldnt make a noticeable difference.

BlackhawkMac:Mine was speeding up tapes. My brothers

91 slowed them down a ton. It was pretty fun riding around

to Rick Astley (this was a few years ago) blasting in slow-mo.

I didnt even bother connecting the antenna in mine. Never

anything on anyway.

92.Legacy.SS: Gotcha. Hard to tell the depth

from the pictures. Pretty sweet setup, man :D