LegacyGT.com

is this a good deal? rebuilt engine on 180k chassis

530ras

Wintergreen Metallic w/Tan Cloth Interior with 181,063 miles

Rebuilt Motor with New Headgaskets, New Timing Belt, New Tensioner, New Bearings, New Water Pump, New Thermostat, New Radiator & Heater Hoses, New AC & Alternator Belts, New Spark Plugs, New Ignition Wires,

New Battery, Major Service, Vehicle Check.

30 day or 1,000 mile 50/50 warranty on drive train only (motor,trans,diff)

$5995" (im guessing i could get this down)

does this sound good?

thanks for the help :cool:

i just got a 2001 with 100052 miles, its listed at 5500 which i am willing to pay, but will be hoping for 5K. Who did the work? are they reputable? how many miles on the rebuild? There was a 2000 outback wagon near me with 89K miles listed at that price but it had some rot issues on the under body.

yeah supposedly a subaru only mechanic did it, hes the one selling it. I think less than a few miles on the rebuild....

On the other hand I just found a 97 lgt 135k miles, has had clutch and timing belt serviced. but hasnt had head gasket done yet or water pump ect. I can get it for $3800 down from 4200 once i mentioned the gasket and pump.

Which one would you guys think is better?

Thanks robitrice,

I actually bought the 97 lgt yesterday. It has 137k miles. Timing belt done, clutch serviced. Looks clean but needs some work to make it a bit nicer. It does have a bunch of rust here and there but im not looking for a super long term car, If I can get 3-4 years out of her ill be happy, I paid $3500 fwiw. Ill start a thread today but wont have a new camera for a few days.

thanks for the responses

Archived