LegacyGT.com

what did you hicksta today ?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this thread....

-sheared a bolt re-installing the water pump

-sheared off intake manifold stud re-installing manifold (the first time)

-put the engine back in the car and then found the flywheel flex plate in my trunk, D'oh!! that was fun attaching with the engine in.

-had the starter sitting on a counter for a month while the engine was out and I didn't touch it, which sounds ok. Now the temp dropped and it's not releasing from the flywheel fast enough so I have to listen to that awful screech from time to time. why o why didn't I grease the shaft? (that's what she said)

If 'hicksta' can be a verb, so can 'frank_ster'... and I think the definitions will differ quite a bit ;)
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Magnuson, u know of someone doing this before? Am I gonna end up shipping my ecu to Cobb?

I bricked 2 of them sombitches and forgot about it!

1st one was done by battery dying between the flash from eco to stage 2.5 for a NJ turnpike fun run making me run to Cherry Hill Subaru.

2nd one was me thingking the AP didn't need to be unmarried and the car has the same vin so why the eff not? A trip to VA dealership where they argued that the ecu wasn't fried. Have it towed to Worst Buy so they can prove the alarm wasn't the problem. ECU again and then a trip to DPS for Opensource so I no longer touch an AP.

Now I'm running tunes off my Toughbook for my DD using EZ Flash. No little green cables to connect or remember to un connect before you start the car.

Grand National 231 V-6?

Yea its a clone .

Its been in the car for 3 + years did 100 000 km on the swap.

I have a thread called my subaru beats with a buick heart

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

when I got through the arduous process of timing belt, water pump, pulley tensioner replacement, put everything back together (fans and all) only to realize that I had snapped off the small coolant nipple when I was doing rotations on the motor to verify functioning of the belt. Moral of the story, just take out the darn radiator when doing timing components.

Grand National 231 V-6?

Oh, come on now, your not that new hear anymore, you haven't seen his thread ?

Awesome engineering skills.

frank_ster's our Hero.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yea its a clone .

Its been in the car for 3 + years did 100 000 km on the swap.

I have a thread called my subaru beats with a buick heart

Oh yeah...I knew about it very long ago....almost back to when you started but I wasn't aware it was a GN V-6. I thought it was just a NA.

If 'hicksta' can be a verb, so can 'frank_ster'... and I think the definitions will differ quite a bit ;)

I totally hicksta'd my intercooler while reinstalling it and then I was out on the highway and went way lean with unmetered air under boost and completely sigmafoured my engine at speed. It was super sketchy. Now though, I'm considering frank_stering in a turbo 6 though I may just go the easier route and rebuild with a new shortblock. If I do that though, somebody suggested that I should MaxCapacity a build thread to get some tips. First thing I'll need to do though is MrTris my parts list. This time, I'll make sure that I BarManBean my new intercooler too.

Especially if I'm gonna boxkita my wagon on the weekends.

沒事 Edited by fahr_side
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.