LegacyGT.com

Squicky clutch pedal. Low RPM issues.

Fabius

Anybody have this problem? I own a 2.5i and it seems that once in a while im geussing when its a bit damper out side everytime i push the clutch pedal in I hear a squick (and no its not my wet show sliding off the pedal)

The other problem is once in a while the car will have low RPM which is kind of weird when she only has 3000kms on it. Well shes supposed to rev close to 900-800rpm when stationary im geussing shes reving lower I would say cause you could feal some vibrations.

anybody?

I just posted my fix in the other thread, here's the recap:

My clutch pedal squeak is fixed, for now. After the dealer tech failed 3 times to fix it, I looked at it this morning. (this is the same tech who scratched my dash with a screwdriver removing the dimmer switch to fix the ILL.5 problem)

Turns out the clutch starter interlock switch is the cause. There are 2 switches on the clutch pedal; it's the top one, and contacts the clutch pedal when the pedal is almost all the way down. The other switch is for disengaging the cruise control.

I removed it, and the squeak disappeared. I sprayed lube down the plastic shaft of the switch and re-installed, and it's still quiet. If it reappears, I'll buy a new switch.

-Paul

• 3 months later...

See the pdf. There are 2 switches: bottom one is the cruise control release and the top one is the clutch-starter interlock. The top one on my car was squeaking. I took it out and sprayed some lithium grease down the plunger. That was months ago and it hasn't squeaked since.

Take a flashlight and put your head where your left foot normally goes. Press on the clutch pedal, and you'll see how the switches work.

-Paul

11 - Clutch Switch.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived